Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama and Takao, Kyoto 2012/10/21 22:59
I plan my trip to Kyoto for 4 days. I will go to Arashiyama and Takao on 22 Nov 2012 to see Autumn colour.
1. Is it possible to travel 2 places in one day ?
2. Is it worth to travel Takao to see autumn colour in this period ?
3. I will buy Kyoto sightseeing card 2 days Yen 2000. Can I use this pass to travel these 2 places. If it is not appropriate, please recommend other pass.
3.1 How I travel from Kyoto station to Arashiyama by using Kyoto sightseeing card ?
3.2 From Arashiyama to Takao, how to go there ?
by Vara (guest)  

Re: Arashiyama and Takao, Kyoto 2012/10/22 08:11
Is it possible to travel 2 places in one day ?

Yes, it is possible.

2. Is it worth to travel Takao to see autumn colour in this period ?

Probably, but difficult to predict at this point. I recommend to double check with the tourist information desk.

I will buy Kyoto sightseeing card 2 days Yen 2000. Can I use this pass to travel these 2 places.

Yes, but not that only buses are covered for access to Arashiyama, which is a slow and unreliable way to travel there especially on busy days like in late November. As for access to Takao, note that the JR bus is not covered. Only the less frequent Kyoto City Bus number 8 is covered.

If it is not appropriate, please recommend other pass.

I would rather pay regular fares or use a prepaid card.

3.1 How I travel from Kyoto station to Arashiyama by using Kyoto sightseeing card ?

By bus. Depending on traffic, it can take forever:
http://www.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/cmsfiles/contents/0000028/28378/rose...

The much faster way would be taking the JR Sagano Line, but it is not covered.

3.2 From Arashiyama to Takao, how to go there ?

The easy way would be to take the Randen train to Utano Station, walk to the nearby bus stop of bus number 8 (or the JR bus) and take it to Takao. But note that Randen and the JR bus are not covered by the sightseeing pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread