Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/6 12:26
Hi, I would to check if is is possible to the convert the Exchange Order to JR PASS on behalf of our family members with their original passport without them coming along? They will be in Japan hotel while only one adult will go and do the exchange?

Thanks in adv for your valuable advise :)
by SMTay  

Re: Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/6 17:10
At one time I thought I had only a few people in front of me when I went to fetch my pass but it turned out I had a tour guide in front of me with loads of exchange orders and passports. So it would appear that it can be done but of course I have no idea what kind of arrangement that tour guide had.
I do remember it well as it took ages as the exchange of a voucher into a rail pass somehow always takes much longer than you would think it could. :-)
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/7 11:07
oh dear....what time was that? as early as 7.30am or noon?
by SMTay rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/7 16:09
I was outside the ticketing office looking after our bags,my husband took my passport and exchange JR pass for me.Should not be a problem.
Jody
by Jody (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/8 17:06
I can affirm it will really be no problem. I was in Narita last month exchanging the vouchers for the whole group (10 of us) with none of them personally present.
by HD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange of JR pass 2012/11/8 18:57
Not a problems as long you have JR voucher and passport, done it before for My family and been to Jp many times.I'm from SG too, don't worry. Have nice trip !!!
Jody
by Jody (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread