Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip advise 2012/11/12 09:02
hi, after read a lot at this site, i finnaly get a conclusion for my trip, please kindly give us advice.

26 dec: arrive morning, KIX take airport limousine bus to OCAT (hotel namba area)
waiting for check in time, walk around to namba/dotonbori area, then go to umeda sky building

27 dec:osaka castle, universal city walk
(please advise if osaka 1 day pass is suitable for usor not)

28-30 dec: namba station to kyoto
kinkakuji, kiyomizudera, ginkakuji, fushimi inari, arashimaya
(do we need to buy surutto kansai card for 2 days, 27 and 28)

31 dec: kyoto station --kanazawa station by train
go to kenrokuen garden spent 1 night at kanazawa

1 jan: want to stay at kanazawa or takayama (please advice)

2 jan: kanazawa--shirakawa go (2-4 hours)--takayama
3-7 jan :takayama--tokyo by nohi bus
(Can i buy nohi bus ticket at osaka station?)

side trip to lake kawaguchiko, kamakura, and maybe nikko

thank you before
by Sun (guest)  

Re: Trip advise 2012/11/12 10:49
Gooday. I visited Takayama, Shirakawa, and Kanazawa over christmas/new year 2010. Just a few points :
1. Kanazawa is very slushy that time of year, it rains as well as snows. be prepared, maybe take gum boots, otherwise you'll end up with wet shoes;
2. travel from Kanazawa to Kyoto on 1/1 was very difficult. I'm not sure about the other direction. Make sure you book in advance;
3. At Kanazawa we stayed at Hakuchoro, which is a lovely hotel with great onsen facilities;
4. Shirakawa and Takayama are nowhere near as rainy as Kanazawa, though they can be icy, so wear shoes with some grip. I saw plenty of people toppling over, especially at Shirakawa.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip advise 2012/11/13 09:19
Thank you for your tips, ill remember that.

Can anybody please give an advice for my other question?

Many thanx before
by Sun (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread