Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/13 00:38
Will drive from Aomori city to Oirase stream. Where can I park the car and start my walking. How can I get back to the car park afterward. Thanks.
by ksphilip  

Re: Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/13 11:19
Parking is scarce. I always park my car at Yasumiya at the lake (usually at the hotel where I stay), then take the bus down the Oirase Stream, hike up the stream to Nenokuchi and return to Yasumiya by boat (a nice way to see the colors from the boat). Or the other way around, which gives me the choice to walk as far down the stream as I like before taking back the bus.

On not so busy days, you may find parking at Nenokuchi, but I am not sure whether parking is reserved for customers of the boat cruises and local shops only.

The Aomori website reports that leaves have fallen along Oirase.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/13 15:18
I make mistake to book my leave late this year.wii visit Nikko on 24 and Oirase on 29. Hope can see the last color before they all fall down.can I park at Ishigedo instead of Nenokuchi ?anyway, thanks a lot.
by ksphilip rate this post as useful

Re: Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/13 15:25
One more foolish question. Will it snow around that period?I didn't, book snow tire for my car.

Re: Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/13 15:42
I make mistake to book my leave late this year.wii visit Nikko on 24 and Oirase on 29.

Yes, I am afraid it is very late. It is unlikely that there will be any colors left along Oirase, and it is not impossible that you will encounter snow.

In Nikko you may see some last surviving colors around the town, but. Snow is unlikely down in the town but possible up in the mountains.

can I park at Ishigedo instead of Nenokuchi ?

Idon't think that Ishigedo has parking. There are small parking areas along the stream here and there. During that time of the year, you can probably park there without problem unless they don't get cleared of snow.

One more foolish question. Will it snow around that period?I didn't, book snow tire for my car.

It is possible. So, I recommend to get snow tires.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Car parking at oirase keiryu 2012/11/14 12:42
Thank you,Uji.booked snow tires as your suggest for safety.hope can see the last color at Nikko & yamadera,white snow at oirase stream.By the way, do u think the apple garden will be open?

reply to this thread