Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca Card 2012/11/13 18:27
I'll be arriving at KIX on the early morning of 17 January 2013 and need to get to my Toyoko Inn hotel near Shin-Osaka Station. I'll be staying there for 3 days before I travel to other parts of Japan for my holiday and will be back in Shin-Osaka on 29 January till 1 February 2013 and will leave for KIX in the evening for my flight home. Most of my travel around Japan will be covered by a 14-day JR Pass from 19 Jan till 1 Feb and have planned an extensive itinerary which will fully utilize the JR Pass. My questions are whether it is worth it for me to purchase the one-way Icoca and Haruku ticket package to get from KIX to Shin-Osaka? Will the Icoca card be useful for the 2 days(17 & 18 Jan) that I'll not be covered by my 14-day JR Pass? Can I use the Icoca Card on non-JR trains? Will I be able to use the Icoca card to make purchase in convenience store like the Suica card that I've use in Tokyo?
by nww  

Re: Icoca Card 2012/11/13 18:42
My questions are whether it is worth it for me to purchase the one-way Icoca and Haruku ticket package to get from KIX to Shin-Osaka?

Yes, it will be the perfect complement to the Japan Rail Pass.

Will the Icoca card be useful for the 2 days(17 & 18 Jan) that I'll not be covered by my 14-day JR Pass?

Yes, Icoca can be used on most trains in the Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe area. And some buses (but not the Kyoto city buses).

Can I use the Icoca Card on non-JR trains?

Yes.

Will I be able to use the Icoca card to make purchase in convenience store like the Suica card that I've use in Tokyo?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca Card 2012/11/13 22:33
Thanks Uji, you are always a reliable source of information in this forum
by nww rate this post as useful

reply to this thread