Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to Noto Peninsula from Kanazawa 2012/11/17 14:38
I'm wondering if it is possible to do a day trip to see the Noto Peninsular by rental car from Kanazawa. Let's say if I can collect the rental car early around 8 am and return it 12 hours later. I'm interested to drive along the coast to see the recommended sights on both sides of the Peninsula - Chirihama beach drive, Kongo coast, Sosogi coast, Rokkozaki Lighthouse (may be a bit out of the way?), Mitsukkejima Rock and Koiji Beach. Would it be possible? Also, if this trip takes off, it'll be in end December, would there be any concern with driving in snow?

Thanks!
by xiaobai (guest)  

Re: Day trip to Noto Peninsula from Kanazawa 2012/11/17 17:04
It is possible to do a day of driving on the Noto Peninsula. How much you will be able to cover depends on your travel pace and how much time you are willing to spend driving vs. seeing sights. It is about 170 kilometers from Kanazawa to the tip of the peninsula, i.e. about 4-5 hours of driving (without breaks).

Also, if this trip takes off, it'll be in end December, would there be any concern with driving in snow?

There is possibility that you will encounter snow. Probably not in huge amounts, though. But it cannot be excluded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Noto Peninsula from Kanazawa 2012/11/17 19:21
Have just done this trip using Nissan rentals. Left at approx 0730 and got back at 1730. We drove there by normal road and came back by the express way. Cost on the express way was 1200 yen all up.
Traveled on some very nice ocean view roads, went past the Gammon Nuc power plant, and wind mills. Some beautiful coast line, but cold and windy. Would recommend in summer, but autumn winter time will not be nice. Traveled on the 2nd of Nov.
by Darryl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread