Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/4 18:35
Hi there,
I'm planning to go to the snow monkey park in Nagano this Christmas. I wonder whether it's possible to take baby stroller there. I'm not sure about the walking trail . Do they have good condition of walking trail or we have to climb up in some area since it's the forest? Is it suitable to take the children there? Please suggest

Thank you very much
by Japanlover (guest)  

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/4 19:07
I definitely wouldn't try with a stroller. There are stairs, a lot of it is unsealed, and you may encounter snow. A baby harness/sling would surely do the trick though, as would a pair of comfortable, grippy shoes (in case of ice, mostly). It looked like this at the end of March when we went. http://flic.kr/p/9PVjEy
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/4 22:25
As posted earlier, a baby stroller is not a good idea. The beginning 30 metres of the trail through the forest to the monkey park is a steep slope. I was there in March this year and it was slick and slippery because of half melted snow/ice ice. In fact there was a rope at the side of this section of the trail and we actually had to pull ourselves up the slope with both hands using this rope. Would have kept slipping down the slope without the help of this rope.
by nww rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/4 22:42
You should carry your baby piggyback. The path is narrow, icy and slippery everywhere in the shade of mountains. So you need to make sure you wear good winter shoes. But it is worth your effort. Day high there during Christmas holidays will be around 0 to 5 degree if usual.

Good luck!
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/5 17:30
Here's a pic of the entrance to the forest trail to the monkey park http://www.flickr.com/photos/90792470@N02/
by nww rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/6 09:02
I am always amazed about people on their mopeds, e.g. the postman, making the trip along this trail in winter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/6 10:20
I took my daughter there in mid winter when she was 5 months old. There were several cm of snow on the ground so using a stroller would have been impossible. Instead we carried her in a chest harness (which also helped her stay warm). We went again two years ago and I pulled her in a sled.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Walkway to Snow Monkey Park 2012/12/6 11:06
Dear all,

Thank you all. I really appreciated all the information you guys posted.
Cheers,
by japan lover (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread