Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/6 21:53
Dear all,
I am planning a short trip to Sendai area this month from 27-29 (I will use night bus, arriving early morning an leaving late evening). Current plan is:
27th - go to Matsushima (I have booked 50 minutes boat trip in the morning), than explore area by foot. Stay overnight in Matsushima.
28th - Go to Yamadera in the morning.
A bit I am struggling with now is where to go after Yamadera, for overnight and how to spent 29th (I have to be at Sendai by 22-00).
From personal preferences: everything will do except shopping. Probably skiing I would also miss this time.
Anton
by aivanov3  

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/7 08:11
An overnight stay at Ginzan Onsen is nice in combination with Yamadera, although I understand it is difficult to find plans for single travelers in that town in case you are traveling alone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/7 10:08
Hiraizumi?
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/7 12:41
Uji,
thank you for your advice, actually I will travel with my wife (I was using to much "I" in original message), so single accommodation is not a problem. Will we be able to keep ourselves busy on 29th after hotel checkout. Can you recommend anything to visit on our way from Ginazn Onsen to Sendai?

girltokyo,
Thank you, do you recommend to stay overnight at Hiraizumi?

Anton
by aivanov3 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/7 14:25
Can any body suggest english frendly site where I can book Ginzan Onsen accommodation?

Ginzan Onsen accommodation 2012/12/7 16:04
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/9 22:12
William5, thank you very much! This is really helpful.

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/10 00:35
the movie "Spirited Away" bathehouse, was said to be inspired by the Ginzan onsen...

was planning to stay a night at Ginzan... but didnt know japaneseguesthouses.com have arrangements for that..

thanks for the info man

by honeybooboo rate this post as useful

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/11 13:07
honeybooboo,
Please take in to consideration that my experience so far is not so good with japaneseguesthouses.com.
I tried to book Showa-kan, and they replied that:
"We have called Showakan and all other ryokans we know in Ginzan Onsen and all of them are fully booked from Friday, December 28, 2012 to Saturday, December 29, 2012 (1 night)."

But when I asked my Japaneese frond to call Showakan directly, she was able to book it straight away for required dates.

Same replay - everything is fully booked, I got from them when I tried to book Shirakawa-go accommodation. Even if I asked for "any weekend January to February".

Re: 3 days to Sendai area 2012/12/30 14:53
Thank you very much everybody! Trip was wonderful spent one day at Matsushima, then half day at Yamadera (restorant close to station is highly recommended) and magic evening in Ginzan Onsen. On the third day we have visited Zao onsen: snow monsters are around 30% ready comparing to idilic photos. Finished at Sendai, they have nice illumination near the station and a good selection of places to eat with english menu.
Once again thank you for your help.

reply to this thread