Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Expedia and accomodation booking 2012/12/7 00:40
Has anyone booked hotels with Expedia or any other online site? I booked it for 2 people (it is also indicated so) and the price seems reasonable but it seems like outside those website, the rooms are charged by the number of people. Do you know if the price is including the two people already and if not, will I get additional charges? Thank you for your time.
by E (guest)  

Re: Expedia and accomodation booking 2012/12/7 08:34
Has anyone booked hotels with Expedia or any other online site?

Yes, all the time.

I booked it for 2 people (it is also indicated so) and the price seems reasonable but it seems like outside those website, the rooms are charged by the number of people.

It varies by the hotel and reservation website. Some charge by person (especially if meals are involved, e.g. at ryokan), while others charge by room (e.g. many Western style hotels and business hotels).

Do you know if the price is including the two people already and if not, will I get additional charges?

No, you won't get additional charges unless Expedia stated so. In a few cities or towns, for example, staying guests have to pay a tax of 100-200 yen, which is sometimes not included in the price paid online.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Expedia and accomodation booking 2012/12/7 11:21
why not book via www.booking.com
you can just book then pay at the hotel.
by sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Expedia and accomodation booking 2012/12/7 11:24
Thank you for your help! :]
by E (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread