Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/11 18:46
I am planning to go to Nagoya from Kansai Airport on 28th Jan and going back to Kansai on 2nd Feb using Rail Pass Wide.

However, this pass validity is only for 5 days period which exceeds my tentative.

But the info i have read mentioned there is 3 discount vouchers for limited express and does not say in details the validity period of this vouchers.

Is it included in 5 days period calculation?

Thank you very much
by mohd nazri (guest)  

Re: discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/11 19:00
Similar to JR, you need to have LTD EXP suppliment ticket with you when riding Kintetsu LTD EXP train.

The Kintetsu rail pass is the rail pass plus 3 complimentary suppliment tickets. In other words, you can ride LTD EXP train 3 times without additional expense. After you have used them, you can still ride slower trains or can buy LTD EXP suppliment ticket during the validity period.

So it's not discount voucher.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/12/11 19:19
Just in case cc's answer isn't clear:-

But the info i have read mentioned there is 3 discount vouchers for limited express and does not say in details the validity period of this vouchers.

They are only valid when used in conjunction with the Kintetsu Rail Pass.

Is it included in 5 days period calculation?

Yes, if you don't use them within the 5 day period then they could not be used.

So, for your schedule it sounds like you can't just use one Kintetsu Rail Pass.

Having said that, if you wish to use the Limited Express trains then the Kintetsu Rail Pass pays off for the one way journey (just).

I'm not 100% sure if you will be able to activate two Kintetsu Rail Passes on separate dates but I believe that you can so you could consider buying two Kintetsu Rail Passes I guess.

I'm not 100% sure on this either but I believe if you want to buy the Kintetsu Rail Pass you should do so outside Japan. You can only exchange the voucher for the actual pass at Kansai Aiport or Nagoya Airport. You can only buy the Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide version at Kansai/Nagoya Airport (5700 yen) you can't buy the normal Kintetsu Rail Pass (3700 yen) in Japan itself. I'm happy to be corrected by one of the train experts!

Hope that doesn't confuse things too much!

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/11 20:43
Dear cc and gc3,

Thanks for your valuable answers. Really appreciated it.

I would like to know which one is better? buy separate ticket or 2 rail passes? Any good suggestions?
by mohd nazri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/12 11:31
Reference to website below

http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-1.html#2

I believe you are able to buy Kintetsu Rail Pass (not Wide) in Japan but only at Kansai Airport Agency Travel Desk in Kansai International Airport (09:00 to 21:30)

The only advantage of purchasing in Japan would probably be a better exchange rate since purchasing the voucher outside of Japan will be subjected to credit card or bank exchange rates at point of payment.
by simonality rate this post as useful

... 2012/12/12 11:53
Reference to website below

http://www.kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/english/useful/ticket/rpw1-1.html#2

I believe you are able to buy Kintetsu Rail Pass (not Wide) in Japan but only at Kansai Airport Agency Travel Desk in Kansai International Airport (09:00 to 21:30)

I'm not convinced because if you scroll down on the link it says:-
"KINTETSU RAIL PASS wide can be purchased at the airport upon entering Japan.
It is available at KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT at the "Kansai Airport Agency Travel Desk".
Opening hours: 7:00-22:00 (Japan time) "

A friend recently tried to purchase the non-wide version to get to Suzuka and back but they said they only sold the wide version. I'm not sure if that is correct or if he/they did not understand each other.

As is often the case the English website is ambiguous or at least confusing. Perhaps Uji/yllwsmrf can clarify.

Re: discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/29 09:04
am at KIX terminal 1 level 1 travel desk.
just to confirm, you CAN purchase the normal Kintetsu Rail Pass (3,700 yen) direct from here, just that for some unknown reason, sales start daily only from 9am.
by simonality rate this post as useful

... 2012/12/29 09:36
just to confirm, you CAN purchase the normal Kintetsu Rail Pass (3,700 yen) direct from here

Great to know. Thanks for clarifying.

Re: discount voucher for Kintetsu rail pass 2012/12/29 13:58
thanks guys for all the answers.. will consider the given suggestions.
have a nice day...
by nazri (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread