Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Iriomote + Taketomi ferry timetables 2012/12/12 18:24
Is there a ferry timetable in English between Ishigaki and the above 2 islands for mid May 2013 ? Apart from typhoons etc, are the ferry times reliable or do they sail only IF there are enough passengers ?
Are there any restaurants on Taketomi (if so the brief details + location pls) or do we need to bring our own lunch for day trippers ? Bicycle rentals ok on Taketomi ?
Car rentals available on Iriomote + roughly how much for the day ? Is there a Toyota rentacar ?
by Kenny (guest)  

Re: Iriomote + Taketomi ferry timetables 2012/12/13 08:45
Is there a ferry timetable in English between Ishigaki and the above 2 islands for mid May 2013 ?

No, I don't think so. I can only find Japanese timetables through March 2013. But don't worry. They depart frequently.

Apart from typhoons etc, are the ferry times reliable or do they sail only IF there are enough passengers ?

They are reliable. The ferries operate even when there are no passengers.

Are there any restaurants on Taketomi (if so the brief details + location pls) or do we need to bring our own lunch for day trippers ?

Yes, there are a few. You will find them by just walking around.

Bicycle rentals ok on Taketomi ?

Yes, it is possible to rent bicycles.

Car rentals available on Iriomote + roughly how much for the day ?

Yes, Yamaneko has multiple outlets, making it possible to pick the car up at the northern port and drop it off at the southern port. Reservations without Japanese language skills could be challenging:
http://www.iriomote.com/web/rentacar/tenpo.html

Is there a Toyota rentacar ?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Iriomote + Taketomi ferry timetables 2012/12/13 16:59
You can go to the below website that shows english timetables from Ishigaki to other Yaeyama islands. It is said they are valid until September 2011 but I will go to Iriomote from Ishigaki on February 2013 and the schedule will be the same.

http://www.hirata-group.co.jp/?classID=ferry&lang=eng

In case of doubt, you can directly contact Hirata group, they will give you the updated timetable. They can even help you to reserve tickets, car rental, and even activities on those islands.

They also have guided tours. I tested them on Iriomote and Taketomi, it was very nice and even if it was in Japanese, the guide made a lot of effort to explain us everything in English (we were only two non-Japanese speakers).
This year I will go back to Iriomote but with non guided tour, I contacted them and they booked for me the ferry, car rental and kayak activity.
by Prolls rate this post as useful

To Uji 2012/12/13 17:17
Thanks for your answer to my post "Re: Iriomote + Taketomi ferry timetables". I have lots of questions I would like to ask the poster Prolls for tips from his travels to Ishigaki, Iriomote and Taketomi since he said he is going back there in 2013. My question to you is could I mention my email in my answer so Prolls can perhaps feel more comfortable to communicate direct with me, thanks.
by Kenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Iriomote + Taketomi ferry timetables 2013/3/14 00:07
Coming back from Japan, I can confirm that Hirata made good job for the Iriomote excursion.

I also had a very nice english speaking guide for Kayak tour. So if needed, I can give his details.

To Kenny (OP), if you have any specific questions, you can contact me by private message (if you want to continue by email) or post them directly on this thread.
by Prolls rate this post as useful

reply to this thread