Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/18 18:47
Hi
I will bring my mom to Osaka next year. She loves shopping so I guess accommodation near Shinsaibashi would be perfect. I found Best western near Nagahoribashi station is reasonably priced. Do we need to take a subway down to Shinsaibashi shopping area or is it within walking distance ? Are there lots of eating places near Nagahoribashi ?
How abt new oriental hotel near Awaza station ? Is it easy to take the train down to shinsaibashi ? thanks.
by louis (guest)  

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/19 09:52
The Best Western Nagahoribashi to the famed Shinsaibashi Arcade is only 300m--a 3-4 minute walk. There are tons of restaurants around. Awaza is not a good choice.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/19 10:43
Thank you very much, Tokyonet.
How abt hotel Naniwa in Chuo Ku Shimano Uchi. Is it also walking distance to Sinshaibashi ?
What is the difference btw Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori ?
Where does the limo bus from Kansai Airport stop near Shinsaibashi ?

Thanks
by louis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/20 05:11
Don't have all the answers to your questions but the Osaka Airport Limousine Bus from the airport stops at OCAT [Osaka City Airport Terminal] Namba near Namba Subway Station. Do an internet search for Osaka Airport Limousine Bus to find more info and their bus schedules, fare, etc. Depending on where your hotel is in Shinsaibashi, probably your best bet is to catch a taxi from OCAT Namba to your hotel.

You can probably see a map of OCAT Namba and Shinsaibashi to get your bearing. Also, do an internet search of your hotel and click on their map location to search for OCAT Namba.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/20 12:23
Thanks very much, Harold.

I google and I found this. http://j-click.jtb.co.jp/info/accessinfo/kanku03.htm
Is this the right timetable ? I found the earliest bus from KIX to Namba is 7.10 am. I will arrive at 6 am. It means I have to take train, don't I?

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/20 12:41
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/20 13:07
Thanks for the new timetable. It is very useful. Thanks for all of you guys for your responses. I will follow your advice and take the OCAT bus then take cab from OCAT namba to best western. I think this is the most convenient way.

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 11:11
Hi Louis:

Although your flight get into Kansai at 6am, you need to go through arrival procedures with Immigration and Customs. Depending on the number of flights arriving at the same time, you can catch the Limousine Bus at 7:15am or 7:55am to get into Namba OCAT 50 minutes later. I see the
Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashilisted for Shinsaibashi. With luggage, I would take the Limousine Bus and the taxi to the hotel.

You can search the Kansai Airport Limousine website for the location of the bus stop just outside the arrival lobby or you can inquire at the Tourist Information counter. I believe you need to purchase your bus ticket from the ticket machine by the bus stop. This info is also available on the website. I trust that all will go smoothly for you in getting to your hotel. Harold

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 11:31
Thanks very much, Harold.
I will take your advice to take the limo bus to OCAT and then taxi to Best western Fino. With luggage and senior citizen ( my mom is 73 yrs old) I think this is the best way to get into town. Just wondering if the limo bus will depart from both terminal 1 and 2 in KIX ? or is there only one terminal in KIX ?

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 16:46
Hi Louis: You need to know your arrival Terminal, 1 or 2. If in doubt, inquire at the Tourist Information counter in the Arrival Terminal as you exit Baggage Claim. Not sure what time the counter opens. Copied following from the Limo Bus website.

To catch a bus from the Terminal 1 Bldg., go to the bus stop outside the 1st floor of the Terminal 1 Bldg. Buses to all destinations depart from here.
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket vending machines located outside the 1st floor of the building.

To catch a bus from the Terminal 2 Bldg., go to the bus stop outside the 1st floor of the Terminal 2 Bldg. Buses to all destinations depart from here.
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket vending machines located outside the 1st floor of the building.
Buses to all destinations can be boarded at the Terminal 2 Bldg., and all buses from the Terminal 2 Bldg. stop at the Terminal 1 Bldg. However, some bus services can only be boarded at the Terminal 1 Bldg. (and do not stop at the Terminal 2 Bldg.). For detailed information check directly with the bus company.

Hope this helps.

Harold

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 17:14
Hi Louis; Your arrival time at the hotel is very early, well before the hotel's check-in time. If the hotel is experiencing high occupancy or if they have a strict policy, your room may not be available until their check-in time. You may check-in with the front desk early and ask for an exception. If not, you can leave your luggage with the bell desk, use their toilet facilities and spend time at the shopping archade and have breakfast or lunch. Hope all works out. Harold

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 17:22
Thanks, Harold. I will print this out and bring it with me. The website says it departs from T1 KIX. I guess it doesn't stop at T2. Will find out my arrival terminal as it is not mentioned in my ticket.

Cheers
louis
by louisl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/21 17:31
Thanks for your advice, Harold. I will call the hotel and ask for early check-in. We may need to pay a day stay, which is fine.

Thanks again for your useful info.

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/22 02:46
Hello Louis;

FYI, you can go to www.kate.co.jp/pc/index_e.html - Cached
- Click on Information at the top. Then click on the link How to Purchase Tickets to see photos of the ticket machine, bus stop, what the bus looks like, getting on the correct bus, etc.

Harold

Re: Hotels in Shinsaibashi 2012/12/23 00:22
thanks, Harold. Will do that.
Merry Christmas and hv a blessed new year.

reply to this thread