Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A rickshaw ride at Asakusa 2013/1/12 16:09
Hi

We are very interested to ride a rickshaw at Asakusa when we will visit Tokyo (July 2013). The website I found www.jidaiya.biz is only in Japanese.
So, can someone tell me:
(A) do I have to make a reservation or I can find some available when I go there?
(B) is it a fixed route or you can have your own route (like a taxi)?
(C) where is the pick up point?
(D) do they operate everyday and at what times?
(E) how much does it cost for a pair?

Thank you very much for your help!
George
by Geomelin  

Re: A rickshaw ride at Asakusa 2013/1/12 16:59
There seem to be several companies in Asakusa, and as far as I remember I always saw some rickshaws waiting in standby in front of the Kaminarimon gate. So unless it is at real peak travel time, you will probably find some when you go there.
They give you a tour of the area, and come back to the same spot, I believe. 8,000 to 9,000 yen for a 30 minutes ride for two passengers seem to be the going rate. Some companies have English-speaking driver too, so tha they can give you a guide as you enjoy the ride.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A rickshaw ride at Asakusa 2013/1/12 17:24
Yes, as AK said, you can get some rickshaws in front of Kaminari-mon gate during the daytime.

BTW, in Japanese, jinrikisya(人力車; man-power-car) is easy to be understood.
It's word root of rickshaw.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: A rickshaw ride at Asakusa 2013/1/12 23:18
It doesn't show their business hours, but should be OK unless you visit Asakusa late at night. It seems they don't run on Tuesday.

I experienced the jinrikisha once there. The ride was smooth and silent, faster than expected and the high eye point gave a different taste and view of the town in the open air. You should try it before you are back home.

by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread