Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kairakuen/JR Kanto Pass Question 2013/1/19 10:46
Hello - I am going back to Tokyo for a couple of weeks at the end of Feb/beginning of March, and while I'm there I'd like to see some plum blossoms. As well as in Tokyo itself, I've been been debating going to a festival in Shimisoga (near Odawara) or at Kairakuen for a day trip.

I've checked the page about Kairakoen on here and also at the garden's own website but I can't find a definitive answer so I thought I would check here. Can Kairakoen be reached on the express trains from Ueno using the JR Kanto pass? (I do have other day trips in mind, and I am trying to work out a three day schedule to see if the pass is worth it for me).
by UK Traveller (guest)  

Re: Kairakuen/JR Kanto Pass Question 2013/1/19 22:21
Yes, Mito and Kairakuen can be reached by JR limited express trains from Ueno that are fully covered by the Kanto Rail Pass. See the map on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kairakuen/JR Kanto Pass Question 2013/1/20 00:04
Thanks Uji! I had looked at the map, but it seemed such a potentially great deal using the Kanto Pass that I feared it was too good to be true!
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread