Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/26 11:53
Hi, from the Tenzan website, I tried to use google translate but some of the japanese characters are in image format.

I notice that there are 2 admission prices, 1200 yen and 1000 yen. What are the difference between them? I am interested with the outdoor onsen experience.

Also, from the direction guide, it say take Bus (K) from Moto Hakone and disembark at Okuyumoto-iriguchi bus stop. Is it easy for a tourist to identify this bus stop (inside bus)? Any help so that we dont miss the bus stop would be great.

Thank you.
by Human nature (guest)  

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/26 15:46
I guess the "images" must be the names of different facilities within Tenzan Onsen. They have three facilities - "Tenzan", "Ikkyu," and "Hagoromo."

The 1,200 yen gets you access to:
http://tenzan.jp/tenzan/index.html

1,000 yen gets you access to:
http://tenzan.jp/ikkyu/index.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/27 03:06
Hi, thanks for replying.

Ikkyu is stated as a day's trip onsen. Does this mean, the main one 'tenzan' is only for overnight stay? I am interested with the main 'Tenzan'. Thank you
by Human nature (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/27 06:18
The Tenzan is a bath house. It does not offer overnight stays.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/30 00:31
I went a few days ago. There is a ticket vending machine at the entrance. Tickets are 1000Yen. Go in, put shoes in shoe locker (free) and show ticket. You can bring your own small towel or buy one at 470Yen. Lockers are 100Yen coin in the slot type. There are 3 pools and two washing areas. It's a delight in the evening... Enjoy !
by Gordon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/30 00:44
Hi Gordon, thank you for sharing your experience. With 1000 yen admission, I assume you went to Ikkyu?

I will probably borrow a face towel from my hotel and bring along :D

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/30 01:00
And is it safe to wear eye glasses? I googled and obtained mix replies.

Re: Tenzan Onsen at Hakone 2013/1/30 09:13
And is it safe to wear eye glasses?

Depending on your eyesight, it could be unsafe not to wear them! Many bath areas are slippery, and there can be steps inside the pools were you can fall and injure yourself. So, if you have bad eyesight, you better wear your glasses.

Another issue is the acidity of the water. Highly acidic water can damage glasses and watches, etc. if you don't carefully keep them clear of the water. However, according to my understanding, Tenzan's waters are not acidic, at all. So, that should not be a problem either.

Another issue are saunas. The frame of the glasses can get very hot in saunas and it is better to take them off before entering the sauna.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread