Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 08:03
at tokyo why cant I transfer to hikari 481 instead of transfering 8 minutes later at shingawa

thanks
by marv keller (guest)  

Re: sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 10:28
Its hard to say without knowing what train you are tranferring from, but I would guess that it is because hyperdia doesn't think you'll have enought time to complete the transfer at Tokyo. Post your full route and we'll take a look. Hyperdia can be overly conservative in certain situations with respect to transfer times. Will you be travelling with lots of luggage?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 10:49
my train from SHIN-AOMORI is the shinkasen
HAYATE 26. arriving in Tokyo on track 21.
at 16:08 departing track 1 at 16:53 if I am reading the hyperdia correct. then it says 8min JR Yokosuka line. 17:01 Shingawa
17:10 HIKARI 481.

Thanks for your reply
Marv
by marv keller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 10:51
Just 2 persons with carry-on size luggage

Re: sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 11:12
Marv,

Maybe that was a glitch on the part of HypeDia.
Either way, taking the Yokosuka Line or any other train specially from Tokyo to Shinagawa and changing there would not be recommended, especially with luggage at the start of the evening rush hour - plus the fact that that would reduce your chances of getting a non-reserved seat on the Hikari train from Shinagawa.

If you arrive at Tokyo at 16:08, you have absolutely plenty of time before the Hikari 481 departure at 17:03 (it actually arrives at the platform at 16:47).
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo to Hiroshima by train 2013/1/28 21:53
Dave: Maybe that was a glitch on the part of HyperDia.

I suppose not.
Try again with no station designated as Pass 1 to 3.
- http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=SHIN-AOMORI&arv...
If a station is designated as Pass 1, Pass 2 or Pass 3, Hyperdia may sometimes return a result with a needless transfer at the station.
- http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=SHIN-AOMORI&arv...

Railroad diagrams will get revised on 16 March 2013.
Hyperdia does not update data immediately after new timetables become available.

For your information
: In Tokyo, there is a transfer gate between Shinkansen of JR-East (Tracks 20 to 23) and Tokaido Shinkansen of JR-Central (Tracks 14 to 19).
: Hyperdia sometimes shows different tracks which have a same number as if they are the same tracks. Regarding Shinkansen, I suppose there are no such confusing cases.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: sapporo to hiroshima by train 2013/1/29 00:10
Thank you very much guys.. I will have lots of time in Tokyo to make the connection.
The first link you gave me is what I wanted to see
arrigoto
Marv

reply to this thread