Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Nanba to Toyota Kaikan for Plant Tour 2013/2/12 20:59
Hello,

Am heading to Kyoto from Nanba and initially plan to join Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya from Kyoto. However since the meeting point at Toyota Kaikan will be at 10.30am and after checking hyperdia, looks like i need to start my journey from nanba station.

checking on hyperdia, it says i have to hop on at nanba stn to take train at 6.20am which will arrive at mikawatoyota stn by 9.35am and give me enuff time to walk to toyota kaikan museum which will take 15 mins by foot.

Within the journey from nanba to mikawaoyota stn, hyperdia suggested 6 transfers and the duration between the transfer is about 3, 4 mins.. i was like wow ! tht is really short of time..and i need to be prepared with all the info in hand like track of departure, arrival, buying tickets at counter..

Am worried tht I cud miss the trains thus cudnt make it to reach the meeting point by 10.30am. Fyi, am tagging along 2 kids age 8 and 5 with my hubby.

Are the departure/arrival platform far from each transfer? We need to walk real fast eh..and to add, do i have enuff time to buy the tickets at the machine which might takes time for me to choose the button..lol..

On the same day, i suppose to exchange/activate my 7-day jr pass which i cud only echange at nearest stn within journey is Osaka stn. Having said, i will not be able utilize my jrpass for journey from shinimamiya to Osaka Stn and need to buy separate ticket for tht rite?

Sorry for the long post..lol..i wud like to detail out as many info as possible for assistance here.. all advise are welcome and very much appreciated.

Oh here the dates for ref:

13 March 2013 - check in hotel in Nanba
14 March - Morning : check out for Toyota Plant Tour. Evening : check in hotel in Kyoto.

*since i will check out from nanba hotel and only check in at kyoto once comeback from nagoya, i need to store my luggage somewhere, any suggestion?

Thank you so much for assisting me.
by LadyOslo  

Re: From Nanba to Toyota Kaikan for Plant Tour 2013/2/13 15:11
hotel change batter.

or take shinkansen "Hikari" between SHIN-OSAKA and Nagoya
from Namba:なんば(subway: not Osaka-namba/大阪難波).
http://goo.gl/maps/wS4iO
(google transit cannot select non-reserve seat cost of Hikari)

coin-locker JR Nagoya best.
by Wui (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Namba to Toyota Kaikan for Plant Tour 2013/2/13 22:55
Hyperdia suggested 6 transfers and the duration between the transfer is about 3 or 4 minutes...

Hyperdia does not always return simplest routes. It returns routes which are considered to be only logically possible.
A simpler route with more time for transfers is at the bottom of this post.
Please note that with a Japan Rail Pass you cannot take a Shinkansen Nozomi train or use Aichi Loop Line. In Okazaki you will have to purchase tickets of Aichi Loop Line outside the station, so several minutes may well be not enough for the transfer.

I need to store my luggage somewhere, any suggestion?

If you stay in the same Kyoto hotel for two or more nights and the hotel is OK to accept your luggage, a delivery service is worth considering.
- http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
Anyway, I recommend you would minimize the amount of luggage to carry around.

On the same day, I suppose to exchange/activate my 7-day JR pass

You can receive Japan Rail Passes earlier on the previous day, designating the starting date as 14 March 2013.
If you fly into KIX on 13 March early enough to reach Namba by the midnight, you can receive the passes in Kansai-airport Station of JR-West.
If you leave Namba Station of subway by 10 pm, you can receive the passes at a JR-Central office (open until 11:10 pm) in Shin-Osaka Station and come back to Namba Station by 00:30 am.

Regarding rail fees, a child rate will apply to the 8-year-old kid. (Child Japan Rail Passes are available.)
When the 5-year-old kid is accompanied by one of the three other travelers and does not solely use a reserved space, he/she will be free from rail fees. If he/she has a reserved seat on a Shinkansen or a Ltd. Express, a child rate will apply to him/her, so I suggest you would check whether a child JRP or regular tickets will be better.

[Namba Shin-Osaka -- Nagoya -- Mikawa-Anjo -- Okazaki -- Mikawa-Toyota]
Namba (06:28)
{Subway Midosuji Line}
(06:42) Track 2: Shin-Osaka: Central Gate
- http://www.kotsu.city.osaka.lg.jp/station-guide/M/m13/pdf/station.pdf
: You will go down using an escalator shown as C / D on the map or a nearby elevator / staircase, pass through the gate and go up to the Shinkansen concourse.
Shinkansen Central Gate: Shin-Osaka (07:13)
{Shinkansen: Hikari 508}
(08:23) Track 14: Nagoya: Track 15 (08:28)
: You can change Shinkansen trains at the same platform in Nagoya.
{Shinkansen: Kodama 636}
(08:39) Mikawa-Anjo: Shinkansen gate;
gate: Mikawa-Anjo: Track 4 (08:53)
{Tokaido Line: Local}
(09:03) Okazaki: gate
: With a Japan Rail Pass you will have to exit the station through a gate, purchase tickets of Aichi Loop Line and enter the station through the same gate. The one-way fare is 430 yen per adult or 220 yen per child.
gate: Okazaki: Track 0 (09:31)
{Aichi Loop Line}
(09:59) Mikawa-Toyota.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread