Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 10 of 27: Posts 181 - 200 of 534
prev
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
next

Definitly ^_^ 2006/3/23 18:44
Yeah it's a really long flight. But I didn't mind. I have a portable DVD player and a Mini Disc player, along with a few books so it wasn't so bad. Don't get me wrong. Flying to see her seemed like forever. But it wasn't nearly as bad as flying back..every single second felt like a day being away from her. I wanted to ask the pilot to just turn the plane around ha ha.

But wow you really do hate flying. My grandmother is the same way. She takes pills now to get on the plane and just sleep the whole time. But before that my grandfather would just get her really drunk and she wouldn't care ha ha ha.

Sorry air travel is such a bummer. Personally I like it. I've had to take way to many long car rides. So the planes are great. Turbulence is fun (unless you have a drink..) but other then that I really don't mind it at all. You might have crapped your pants on one flight I was on. We were leaving the terminal taxing twords the runway when the whole plane lost power for about 30 mintues! Then the pilot says "OK were going to take off soon" Once we got up the power blinked a couple of times but nothing major haha.

But your girl likes to sky dive!? Yeah you could never get me to do that. I did do that whole bunjy cord thing that they have at amusement parks. You know were your on a long rope you pull the rip cord and you swing like a pendilum. It was pretty fun. But that's as high as I'll go.

Yeah..thank god she called me. I needed to hear from her pretty badly. Just having a nice good long talk was great! She knows exactly what to say and how to say it to make me feel better. She says the same about me. So we both felt a lot better after having that long conversation. After we got the fact that we miss each other like crazy out of the way it was just another reguler conversation ^_^ Talking about this and that laced with a couple hundread "I Love you"'s and kisses.

Yep I'll be the happiest man in the world I know that for sure. Every step I take twords her makes me happier and happier. Until my arms go around her, I can't imagine anyone in this world, in that moment, who would be happier then me ^_^..Well..except maybe her..^_^

by Dave rate this post as useful

Me again 2006/3/23 19:15
Wow, that's great, your grandfather getting your grandmother drunk to fly.
Yep, I know what you mean about flying back, every couple of seconds is another mile further from her. I felt that way when she left Honolulu and I flew back to Kauai...loneliness.
I had an experience that I swore if we landed safely, I'd never fly again (but I have). 30+ thousand feet in the air and there was this thud sound which made the plane jerk and then we stated loosing altitude slowly, man I freaked, it too the pilot 20 minutes to explain that one of the engines quit and they were lowering the altitude to restart the engine. It kicked in, we went back up and then thud, same thing all over again!
So your girl gives you kisses over the phone, yeah, mine does too, hundreds of them!
by Surfbeat rate this post as useful

WOW 2006/3/23 19:45
Holy crap! Well I've never had the engines go out on me in flight. No wonder why you don't want to go back up haha. I would feel the same way too.

Yep even over the phone a kiss is still great. Usually when she has to leave to go do something we kiss each other a ton..neither one of us wants to say "goodbye" so we kiss until one of us brakes down and says "You" or "I have to go" So sometimes it takes awhile and her mom gets a little huffy that she (my girlfriend) took so long to do something.

She won't tell me that she'll get in trouble if she dosn't leave soon. Her heart just dosn't have it in it to tell me that I have to stop talking to her so she can go. But usually I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and saying "Alright I know you have to leave" so most of the time things are A OK.

I tried to get her to sing but she just wouldn't do it..but she promised once she gets over here and were alone she'll sing me our song ^_^

Hey Dave, 2006/3/31 07:38
Go to "Dating? Who pays?" under Love and Relationships and look at the last couple of posts.

And where Umi? Has she been reunited yet?

Umi? 2006/3/31 11:54
Yeah I checked out the post. You can see what I wrote hehe ^_^

Yeah I know, Umi has been gone for a while. Between the three of us she was the closest to being with her fiance. I think maybe she's just really busy ^_^ But I'll be that she has been reunited and is just enjoying the moment ^_^ Wouldn't you or I be the same way?

I've only got a few more days. I don't want to give an exact amount..someone might go to the airport to met her or something haha.

Anyways we have been able to talk over the past few days so it wasn't to bad for the two of us. But on the day before she leaves I won't be able to talk with her at all and on the day she leaves. So..I'm just going to have to hope she's OK ^_^

Dave 2006/3/31 13:18
Yep, she's probably with him now, I am happy for her. I'll be leaving in 4 days with an 8 hour flight ahead of me, but I'm sure I'll be so excited, the flight will be fine, long but fine! Ha ha!!
I can't wait to see her again at the airport, forget Japanese custom, I'm gonna give her a big, long hug!

Cool 2006/3/31 13:36
Actually she should be OK with a hug at the airport ^_^ It's kind of like being in an internatinal zone and my girl was fine with me hugging her as long as I wanted there. Since lots of other couples do that ^_^ So I say "Go for it!"^_^

Yeah..only a few more day..^_^

Dangit! 2006/3/31 21:55
Well at least you'll be happy in a few days Surfbeat. While talking to my girl she told me that she got the dates messed up so it turns out the day after she gets here she has to start attending classes right away! We both thought we were going to have one week off so I could come visit her and help her adjust. But now that's totally scrapped and I have no idea when I'll be able to come out to see her.

I mean I could still go, but she'll be busy as heck in school so if anything I'll wait until a vacation period or a not so busy week to spend with her.

Still it really stinks..now I have to wait who knows how long to see her again..she's not very broken up about it but I sure as heck am.

Oh well..maybe I'll only have to wait a week or something..^_^

i disagree 2006/4/1 02:14
If I were you Dave, I would go visit her when she gets to her school, even if its for only a day, I know you said she will be busy with classes, but if my gf came to visit me, even though i am very busy, I would make time for her no matter what. And she would do the same.
by anonymous rate this post as useful

Yeah 2006/4/1 13:37
I have thought about it..the only problem is that she will be on one side of the country while I am on the other side. If it wasn't such a major trip to get to her I wouldn't give it a second thought.

what is love? 2006/4/1 16:08
Dave, so I wonder why didn't she went to your part of the country (in the East?) to study? There are pretty of good school there, isn't it? I'm really touched reading many of the love stories like you, Surfbeat, Umi. It's really surprising that you guys have gone far and beyond in keeping up your relationships with your love overseas. I kinda think I'm missing this passion with my love, who lives in the same city as I do. Well, I guess this is more about the persons in a relationship :)
by SS rate this post as useful

To: SS 2006/4/1 16:48
Yeah I'm in the east she'll be in the west. Well her school (in Japan) set this whole thing up on a very reliable program. There set up in the west were there is a higher Asian culture wich seems to make most students feel a little more comforatable. Also the west is (in the case of Japan) more popluer with Japanese teens. Seeing Hollywood, L.A. you know that kind of thing. There is a school that teaches in a specific subject that she wants to attend first.

After that yes she could go to any collage in the country. But I greatly doubt she will move. It cost a lot to move that far, and the Universitys in the west have the subjects she is most interested in. So anyways that is why she will stay in the west so far away from me. But I plan to move out there later next year so problem fixed ^_^ I'm just feeling down because of the present.

Count yourself extremly lucky that your love is in the same city. My friend and his girl live only 2 mintues away from each other and it drives me nuts! I tell them they better treasure that closeness that they can share. Some of us arn't so lucky.

But I think your right..Umi, Surfbeat and myself are very passionet about out relationships. I expect surfbeat to get married with his girlfriend, Umi already is! and I am definitly in there..wanting to "tie the Knot" later on with my girl.

I said I would move mountins to be with her. I guess the Rockeys will have to do..^_^

. 2006/4/1 20:28
Dave: Your frind and his gf drive you nuts? My roommate got together with an a girl in the same dorm, and she kinda moved into our room. While my girl is FAR away from me and hopefully, but far from surely, I'll be able to visit her in august. Gaaaa!
by Adam rate this post as useful

To Umi and Surfbeat 2006/4/2 14:43
Well surfbeat. I know by now your getting ready to take of to see your girl. I hope the two of you have a great time together ^_^

Umi, I know your already beaming with happiness now that your a bride being able to walk down that aile to say "I Do" to the man you love. I wish you both the best ^_^

I really wish I could say I was happy as well. Seeing my girlfriend. I won't be able to talk to her at all for a while..actually this will be the longest we have ever gone without speaking to each other, and of course our plan's got messed up so we can't physcially see each other for weeks so once again I'm kind of bumming about it.

Oh well..with you two feeling so happy at least thats something ^_^

Sorry 2006/4/2 17:16
Wow, that's tough! I feel your pain.
Well, she does need to get settled in and ready for classes, I can't imagine she wouldn't call you first chance she gets, so I think you'll hear from her soon after she arrives.

I can't wait to hear from Umi, I want details and hopefully access to photos.

I leave in 3 days, and yes, I'm getting nervous and excited at the same time, nervous about flying and excited about seeing her again. To look into her beautiful brown eyes, feel her touch and a wiff of her cologne again.

Hang in there Dave, I'm routing for you both.

Sweet! 2006/4/2 17:30
Yeah I agree she does need to get settled it. She has to go the bank to set up an account. Part of the program has her buy a cheap cell phone so she can call home and have a phone in the U.S. Also I know the time change is going to be rough on her. But I'm changing my time schedule along with her so we'll both have a hard time haha.

But yeah I was surprised too. I thought for sure the first thing she would do when she arrives is give me a ring. It's cheap as heck to call each other now (thank god) so I thought she would call to say everything went OK and tell me how she is doing.

After she said she would feel homesick when she gets her I said "Well..just give me a call ^_^ I talking with a familer voice should help" Then she told me that she might not call me for weeks!! I said "WHAT?, Why not?"

You see..no one knows I visited her last Christmas..so right now to her family I am just an internet guy. Soo..since no one knows she is finding it hard to tell her host family about her boyfriend that she has never met in person. She's worried they will freak out about it and tell me to stay away worrying I'm some weirdo. So she was thinking it will take a while for her to warm up and tell them about me. To me none of this makes sense. I have the number of the house were she is staying..so I'm tempted to just call them and explain who I am and that I would like to talk to her. But she asked me not to do that so I won't..for now..^_^

But I think your right..I'm betting that she will give me a call a lot sooner then a few weeks..^_^ I mean the first week might be hectic..but after that I think she'll call ^_^

Yeah I know what you mean about Umi. Umi has the ultamite success story that I have ever heard on this site!^_^ Actually getting married to her American guy. I am hopeing to do the same ^_^ Just vis versa ha ha.

Oh boy..down to three days huh!?^_^ I can't wait to hear from you after you get back ^_^ I'll probably still be going insane from missing my girl ha ha. So your happy experince will cheer me up.

See yah

update (for dave and surfbeat) 2006/4/3 01:55
I arrived a few days ago and I definitely got much more of a welcome than even I could imagine. I received not only many hugs but also several kisses at the airport! We are so happy to be together now! I hope each of you has such a joyous reunion as we have! Keep me posted. I will try to check in at least every other day...but of course us time comes first!
by Umi rate this post as useful

Toast 2006/4/3 08:25
"she's not very broken up about it
but I sure as heck am."

You are too needy. That is the kiss of death with females.

Probably this whole relationship will be toast within a few months. ''Dear John...''

Oh well, I do thank you sincerely for this beautiful fantasy!
by SO rate this post as useful

Soo? 2006/4/3 09:19
Hmm..what would be the correct definition of "Fantasy"? Hmm..something that isn't real, and can't happen!? I think that fits it best. Just because she isn't as broken up about it dosn't mean she dosn't feel sad or anything. Do I seem to miss her more? Yes I think so. Does she miss me very much as well? Yes she does, before she left she told me that.

So fantasy? Nope sorry..^_^ I know you would have loved to have had my relationship crash and burn. Might have given you a slight thrill. Knowing when a guy was down you kicked him in the groin. But to bad ^_^ Have a nice life..or..whatever you consider to be a life.

To Umi: It's great to hear from you ^_^ I"m glad your on cloud 9 having your guy back. WOW you kissed at the airport! I know the feeling so it's great to hear. Have a great time with your guy.

Surfbeat thanks for the help ^_^

Stay cool 2006/4/3 09:25
Wow, a post from Umi, thought she would be too busy to give us the time of day now, ha ha ha!, But glad she did, I'll try to do the same when I'm in Japan.
What I'm not clear on is, did Umi fly to Japan or the U.S.? I missed that info somewhere.

What everyone here on this forum doesn't know is the whole story, only what you say Dave, we're not in your shoes, so don't let anyones negitive comment bring you down.

"she's not very broken up about it but I sure as heck am."
Maybe she is but hides it, and/or is too overwhelmed to think about it, she has a lot on her mind at this moment, settling in/living with strangers and not wanting to be a burden or an inconvenience to her hosts, then getting things arranged for school. Sounds like she doesn't have any time to think about anything else.
You on the other hand are settled into you daily routine and have the time to think of her quite a bit.
Be patient, I'm sure when she can finally relax and breathe, you'll hear from her.

Hey, I know, my experience with past girlfriends are the same, when they have something like this going on, I've felt like I was put on the back burner, that I wasn't so important now, but it was always temporary.

Page 10 of 27: Posts 181 - 200 of 534
prev
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
next

reply to this thread