Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 15 of 15: Posts 281 - 288 of 288
prev
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

media & what the japanese know 2011/3/30 12:47
People in Japan are very aware of international reporting.

I would recommend these two sources
A report on NHK in the Washington Post and the way they have prioritised giving information without sensationalism.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/in-japan-disaster-covera...

The second is Charlie Brooker -a UK based journalist - critiquing the coverage particularly on Skynews.

http://ponkanchan.blogspot.com/2011/03/very-funny-very-apt-media-criti...

The govt. didn't handle things that well in the initial stages, but I think they know the stakes are much to high for a coverup now. There are a lot of independent observers in Japan monitoring the situation.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Interpid problem 2011/3/30 18:19
I am also having issues with Interpid. I am booked on a trip going on the 23rd April and although they have yet to cancel that they have cancelled all trips up to that date.

With all the issues and now my family putting pressure on me not to go I am no longer enthusastic about this trip and just want to cancel and get a refund and book again next year. However Interpid keep moving the goalposts on a decision on this trip. First it was Monday, then Wednesday and now Friday! I feel I am being held hostage to go on a trip I no longer want to an area that my government still says is unsafe. Also I have been told that I can geta refund on my flights up if I cancel by 31st march so a decsion by Intrepid on Friday will be too late!

My thoughts go out to all Japanese affected by this tragedy and everything they have lost but I also have to look out for my own finances and I can't lose the amount this trip cost either!
by Stewart (guest) rate this post as useful

In Japan 2011/3/30 20:41
Hi all! I am in tokyo, near Ueno area! Its lovely. The little combini did have a lack of large water bottles, but there were vitamin waters and small waters. As for transportation, to stay cheap we got the longest taking train, it still went fast and we made it in normal time. Everything seems to be going fairly normal. Also everyone seem in good spirits and kind to foreigners too.
by Momel rate this post as useful

Thanks Momel! 2011/3/30 21:42
Thanks Momel for letting us know how Japan is where you are! :) look forward to hearing what tomorrow brings for you!
by deadly nik (guest) rate this post as useful

WE ARE HERE IN TOKYO 2011/3/31 06:18
We didn`t cancel our trip and are very glad to be in Tokyo. We`ve written a report about it.
by Mandysfable rate this post as useful

Service fee for land tour in Japan ? 2011/3/31 09:26
I suppose to be in Tokyo by Apr 1st for a tour from Apr 01 - Apr 12.

The tour has been cancelled due to Japan earthquake and Tsunami. I got the full refunds from Air Canada but the travel agency Orbis tour Mme Juliette Hoai in Montreal - Canada charge 300$/2per service fee for the land tour. I'm not happy but don't know what to do ? I paid cash because they don't accept credit card. Any idea ??? Thank you very much.

by Kim Trinh (guest) rate this post as useful

just returned 2011/3/31 20:15
Our party of 3 just arrived today from our 9 day trip in kyoto & osaka (mar 23-31). We're so glad we did not cancel and the people in the kyoto ryokan where we stayed at were so happy we still chose to visit despite the recent turn of events. Tourism in the area has been affected so we are helping them out by letting others know that Japan and its people are so amazing -- definitely worth visiting!
by mamathon (guest) rate this post as useful

My trip was cancelled 2011/4/25 00:14
I booked with STA travel and was meant to fly on the 8th April but the tour was cancelled. We got a full refund for the tour but the flights which we booked through STA would not give a refund and our insurance won't pay out as the government warning not to travel was given more than 7 days before the trip was cancelled. I am in the process of scouring through the paperwork but if anyone has any advice I would be really grateful. I am far too dippy to deal with these things (and still mourning the loss of a trip)
by Sally (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 15 of 15: Posts 281 - 288 of 288
prev
1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

reply to this thread