Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/7 10:38
I don't dare to disagree with yllwsmrf on anything, but knowing the music industry quite well, I think finding a paying job as a composer with the current level of competition is almost impossible unless you have a mad talent and crazy good luck. Still, if he says it is possible in Japan, then it is.

Sorry, I didn't mean to comment on the state of that job market in Japan because I have no idea. Just wanted to say that it technically is possible assuming you are able to find a job that qualifies.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/7 11:43
yllwsmrf,
I meant to say when it comes to Japan I trust your knowledge more than I trust my own. I am sorry if my comment sounded like anything else. Basically, I trust and respect you. While you are a regular helper, I am probably more of misleading character on this forum.

Madaratheonner,
Do you have B.Sc in CS? By "engineering informatique" did you mean you are a "computer engineer" ( génie informatique ) ? If your Japanese is good, you can EASILY find a job online ( if nothing is available offline where you choose to live - or somewhere close ). Even if you live in suburbs, based on your specialization, check if you can work part time at a local metro operation unit as technical assistant or something. If you studied software engineering, you could work at a local computer (repair) shop. I would say there will be a lot of opportunities.
Sorry that I mistook engineering informatique with something else at first!
by Minerva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/9 00:43
Read youfre posting a few days ago and Ifve been meaning to reply to it.
A lot of people are giving you a reality check, some are right and people on Japan-guide always try to put other new people on this forum, some people you shouldnft listen too. But if youfre serious enough about moving to Japan to live there you have to start taking some kind of action. You already took the first step and coming on here and asking. But you did provide enough information so people are asking you a lot of question to be able to help you. Next step I say is you need to save enough money to live out there for a few months, like 3 or 6 month paid in full without you worrying. Third Japan is not like America where I live, a person (latin) can move America for 20 years and never learn English and still be able to make a living, lol. Japan is a country where you must learn the language so start learning the basic.

But all this is just from my experience from visiting and talking to lots of people. Here my little story, I too wanted to move to Japan and work out there only for a few years. Maybe unlike you, I am a college grad student with a business degree so getting a teaching job out there was easy for me but I did not want to teach, I wanted a corporate office job. I met lots of people and talk to lots of people foreigners and Japanese from Nagasaki to Tokyo.

Finally, when I was in Osaka for 2 and half weeks, I meet a college student we talk and hangout. A few days before leaving Osaka going to Tokyo a job position must of open up. My friend in Osaka knew I was looking for work out there told he able the position, but there was one problem. I didnft speak basic Japanese. I remember what he said tooc gthey are looking for someone to handle phone calls who can speak and write English but to be able to speak Japaneseh and he ask me, gcan you speak basic Japaneseh. He knew I knew a few Japanese words but not enough to a full sentence.

Sorry for the long story but my point is and like they say, gitfs not what you know, itfs who you knowh. Because I did not know basic Japanese I couldnft get the job but because i network enough out there and talk to people i did land a job opportunity, so learn Japanese and If youfre an outgoing person and likeable you should not have any problem talking to anyone and may get lucky in landing some kind of job even if you have to get a cleaning job just to start living out there.

I remember reading a guy on this forum commented, he said, I lived in Japan for a few years and never learn the language and still got by. Make the right connection and your good.
by SeikoSKO rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/9 08:33
first of alla im too happy to be here and sharing with me these huge information sucg as experience and knowldje i don't know how to thank you all of you im reaaly glad to be here and thanks again

Minerva
i get it okay thes's what i have :

- bachelore shnool degre
- diplome of 2 years of preparatory course
- diplome of Engineering informaique (génie informatique )

and don't be sorry because i havn't clarified in the begining :) it's my fault :)
my japanese its not enough good but i'm sure that im able to learn japanese language in few mounths when i will be there my engineerins knowldge is based on web developpement witch's a little different with software programing but i still can work on local computer (repair) shop but i don't mind if i could work any thing else also if it's far away from my speciality thanks for your advice i liked your oppinion independent/private teacher from anywhere in Japan it's so cool like you i like the idea of it and it's a good opportunity and too smart one like you thanks for sharing and to your time for looking for it you are really so kind i will take it like as first attemp
THANK YOU
SeikoSKO

thanks for your sharing with us your experience and don't be sorry because your little story is more then gratfull story it's too interesting and informative thing your experience it will help many of people who want to move to japan as i do i'm glad to your reply so this is my plan :

-money problem : as i work as a freelancer on the net i can get arraound 500 $ a mounth so with it i can starting looking for a part-time job and i will starting meeting people right there strating from this this topic too untill i get this job whererver it from the cleaning worker to a Engineering post
plan B IF NOTHING OF THIS worked spent my 500 $ a mounthly untill i found a job and no go back untill the end and i know there is not like movie or anime or manga it's can be too hard as it can be easy to integrated but i have a belive on my hand that i can live there wherever it will cost and never give up
by Madaratheonner rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/9 08:41
if any one could help me more about my planinng it's more then welcome too with love

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/10 04:37
Ah, I see.
Alright then, here is what I think:

- Since you are planning to live/work in Japan, before going there, it is best to learn enough Japanese to at least be able to communicate easily. I don't suggest you going there to live, unless you save enough to be able to support yourself for at least 6 months with no job.
- To work in your area of specialization, you need fluent Japanese. But as long as you can communicate fairly well, you can get a job at a farm ( as you wish ), supermarket/convenient store ( they are everywhere ), coffee shop or restaurant ( it doesn't have to be french ), gas station, etc etc. The teaching job at the link I posted is also an option.
- I believe $500 would be enough for a normal life, specially in suburbs, but before that you need enough savings to settle down first. You need to think/know about your monthly rent as well. I don't think your income can cover that. Consider renting one room ( with multiple housemates ) or even a shared room. Minimum of $15/day ($450/month) was what I could find searching online.
- While you are still in France, find out where exactly in Japan you want to live, and go through basic infos about that place.
- Try to find friends who live in or around the same area. This site ( Japan Guide ) allows you to search for potential friends by choosing specific locations in Japan. You may even be able to stay with one of them for few days upon arrival before finding a place to rent.
- I can't help you with this, but you obviously need to find out what type of visa you need if you are planning to stay there " for as long as you shall live ".
- As you know, moving to a foreign country may not be as easy as it appears in our dreams, so don't rush it. It is important to be as prepared as possible.
- If you have never been to Japan, I suggest you go there as a tourist for a short period first. Visit the area you plan to live. It will help you in many ways.

Good luck with your planning.
by Minerva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/10 13:21
I somehow had the impression initially that you are already set on moving to Japan due to family/spouse reasons or something, so that you will have some visa (resident status), but I guess you are simply trying to move there on your own?

Then the issue of visa is important - if you only have freelance work on the internet, and if you don't have a full-time employer, you cannot get a work visa, and you cannot stay long in Japan. There is no visa that covers farming work on your own. If you find full-time French language teaching position, that will lead to a work visa. But if you just come (on Temporary Visitor status) and do "private" French teaching work, that would be illegal.

You could apply for Working Holiday Visa and do casual work (such as waitressing in a restaurant where they require some English/French language skills), but that will be done in six months or one year, and you need to look for a full-time employer after that.

You could, if you are interested and have the money, enroll in a Japanese language school, study there full-time, and do some part-time work on the side, to bring your Japanese language skills to a working level.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/11 11:51
AK is right. You basically have two options:

1. Get a WHV and stay for a year, in which case you can do any job (with a few exceptions) that will hire you for such a short period.

2. Qualify for a work visa based on your previous work experience and a job offer in a related field.

Language school may be another option, but it is neither long term, not cheap.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: who can find me any job in japan 2014/8/13 11:35
thanks for your great opininion & idea

AK

i want to go to japan on my own choice i'm single man 27 years old and i make these choice because of my huge patience of japanese society and that part of part-time job it's great idea and study japanese langauge too but i don't have enought money to it i have 3 thousand dollars and i don't thnik that it can be enought sadly but it's a goodd opportunity for me to make more japanese friend and practice it by my self im sure that i can make it :)

yllwsmrf

yeah i like option one looking for WHV visa because i havn't choice so it will be fair for me as a freelancer worker

Minerva

thanks fo yours golden idea your planning help me to much to re-order my ideas and fixe what i must do i don't know you much guys but i want to say thanks for all

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

reply to this thread