Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/10/15 03:16
thanks yllwsmrf.

when i contacted sprint it was online. online they said yes the iphone 6 plus can be unlocked for use in japan. i was excited, but i went to the store and the guy tried to talk me out of it????

he said that i have to call sprint to have it unlocked and sometimes they don't know what they are doing when unlocking phones so i could pay the price for it to be unlocked only to go to japan and find it not unlocked.... what the heck???

there was no one else in that store to talk to, but i think i will just go to a different sprint and see what they say. and then see if it's possible to have them call for me since i am a sprint customer. sometimes when i call they jerk me around, but i feel if a sprint rep called they would deal with it better.
by firstclass2jp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/10/18 01:08
thank you again yllwsmrf

so even though people say you can use any version of the new iphone with bmobile in japan i'm glad i got the sprint version because bmobile verified that it's the model they support

sprint gave me definite answers today

i know a lot of people pay full price for unlocked phones and i was worried that when i want it unlocked they would ask for the remaining cost of the phone

so my parents got it at a discounted price with a 2-year contract for $400 when the full price would have been $850

since i'm on a 2-year contract that means a month or so before i go to japan i will have to cancel my contract and pay an early termination fee of $100 (it would have been $350 if i left for japan sooner)

then i have to contact the sprint worldwide team to unlock it for my extended use in japan which makes it available for any gsm carrier, there is no cost for this
by firstclass2jp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/10/25 03:07
Sprint will tell you that buying the phone at a discounted price with a 2-year contract only to cancel it 6 months down the line and unlock it will be fraud. You must buy the phone at full price to begin with it for it to be unlocked.

Bmobile states that they support more devices than on their list. The ones on their list are the ones they have tried personally. They haven't tried them all. Any unlocked iPhone will work with Bmobile including the new iPhone 6 and 6+.

If you ask Apple they will tell you to purchase the iPhone at full price from Verizon because their phones do not require any unlocking to be used overseas - they are already internationally unlocked. You will need to go on their prepaid plan until you leave, but once you leave you and arrive in Japan you can use the Bmobile SIM card and it will work.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/10/28 01:55
Will the contract free T-mobile version work in Japan?
by lemonmartini rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/11/26 09:10
by Guestman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/12/18 00:40
FYI

The T-Mobile Contract Free iPhone 6 and 6+ is in fact unlocked.

Bought it.

Test and tried it.

It works.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: new iphone 6 plus 2014/12/20 22:26
You can also refer to these two links for models and spec regarding supported bands.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

reply to this thread