Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 30 of 30
prev
1 2

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/23 13:41
Thumbs up for this advice !
by splashysplash rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/24 11:44
Well, I prefer not to buy through online as I don't understand most of the Japanese words that they are using when filling in the shopping cart form. So to play safe, I rather go to a physical retail stores.

I see. In that case, you might just want to order online from amazon. They have english language services. Or purchase a sim unlocker from a local unlock store around where you live. The unlocking doesn't necessarily have to be done in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/24 11:45

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/24 13:02
Thanks

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/24 20:05
Can someone clarify with my understanding as I don't know how to read Japanese?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B00M1LVCNK/ref=dp_c...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/BlueSea-Kingmobile-iPhone5S-SmartKing5SC-6038/...

Are these 2 have the same function? And the only difference is the item in the first link is just providing sim unlock for Softbank phone? While the item in second link provides 3 different carriers sim unlock. Am I right?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/25 11:05
No, the first is an activation sim used to activate a new phone to the Softbank network. The second one is what you want: a hardware unlocker for nano sims on Japanese networks.

Please note that this type of unlock can require frequent upkeep and is probably not for those who are not comfortable tinkering with and modifying electronics. Keep in mind that there is a reasonable chance that you end up with a locked iphone that is of no use to you, or that you will have to update/purchase a new sim unlocker with every update. There is also the chance that it deadends to the point where you will not be able to unlock your phone again. These are just some of the basic risks that you need to be aware of going in.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/25 18:29
What do you mean by tinkering and modification? I have to do it on the hardware or the software?

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/26 12:11
Depends on the sim unlocker. Some require you to cut the original sim card. Others may require changing the APN on the phone. Also, anytime there is an update you risk having your phone relocked. In some cases you may be able to just go through the unlock procedure again, in some cases you may need a new sim unlocker, and in the worst case your phone will not be able to be unlockable again at all. These are the normal issues with non-factory unlocking, so you need to decide if that is worth the hassle.

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/29 23:37
Great topic , thanks everyone. I will visit Tokyo soon
by Marlena13 rate this post as useful

Re: SmartKing location in Tokyo 2015/6/30 04:41
This is just another variation of the turbo sim, go to ebay and search for Turbo sim.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 30 of 30
prev
1 2

reply to this thread