Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Best fun in all of Japan 2010/6/30 12:11
We were at 'piss alley' only a few weeks ago - 2010 and we had the best time we had there, in all of japan. Sitting in a smokey little bar, with the chef cooking stuff on sticks in an amazing broth and then cooking over hot coals. everything from mushrooms to various types of meat, vegetables and japanese ginger. Got to sat and chat to some very fun and drunk japanese locals while eating. I can't vouch for every food joint in this laneway, but the one we went to we will remember for the rest of our lives for all the right reasons. I wish I had the name of the place, because i would send the chef a present to say thankyou!
by Adam (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/2 07:16
I've had a strange experience there.
Last time we were nearly dragged into a place by a Chinese (?) girl and got presented an English menu. The food was very good, but very pricy (and I'm from Norway!) and we didn't get too much to eat. And I suspect we got a different menu than the Japanese one.
Afterwards we decided to check out another restaurant for a bit more food. And again some old men called us over so we sat down.
We got the excact same menu (same layout, same dishes, same prices) which we found really weird. The cook from the previous place also dropped by at some stage.
I guess we should've checked what they actually served before we sat down.
So seemingly there are some chains operating there which one should have in mind if you go twice or more.

Previously I've visited a very nice and cozy bar there called Albatross. Good for drinks and chatting! (But then again, Golden Gai is not far.)

Generally I like piss alley. :)
by Olve rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread