Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 37 of 37
prev
1 2

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/3 22:34
Even if I "leave", they still want me to take the boss to work and home every day + be her English teacher - which still means I'm employed.

Sounds like there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Quitting means you don't work for them anymore. Which means the boss can go sit and spin if she thinks you are taking her to work and home everyday plus being an English teacher.

If you've told them that you are quitting and they aren't getting the message or they are playing head games about it, then just don't show up for work. Leave anything that belongs to the company on your desk, walk out, go home, take a couple of days to rest (turn off your phone if they have your phone number), and then start looking for a new job.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

city hall 2016/2/3 23:20
yllwsmrf wrote;
Am I missing something here, or can you not see her posts? She's replying pretty regularly.

I suppose it's my lack of communication skills then. I am concerned that she says nothing about going to her local city hall.

yllwsmrf recommended that, and I recommended that twice after that. The reason is because it's free of charge, and there will be real people there who can talk to her face to face. Hopefully, there will be language service too.

I am concerned that she says she has no options but to talk to a lawyer by paying that lawyer. Can someone explain to her that she can go to the city hall? She can start right there.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 08:41
I was hired by Company A last month and I'm not really sure what to do, as they've already put in the paperwork to change my visa from student visa to a working visa.

Maybe everyone should just step back and read through OP 1st post again.

Refer back to OP 1st post,notice that the above statement, which I think may affect her decision. If OP quit now, the ongoing status change may be stopped. And that maybe the concern/uncertainty of OP? When is your Student visa/status is expiring?

And yet again, OP also mentioned there is no contract signed only verbal/oral contract, which again make one wonder how does company make status change application to immigration without support employment contract?

OP should double check on the status change application with company or Immigration, rather than accept verbally what they said. Did OP see/filled in status change application document?

As OP said, the company/boss keep making empty promise or false promise.

by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 10:30
I suppose it's my lack of communication skills then. I am concerned that she says nothing about going to her local city hall.

Oh I understand where you're coming from now. I don't think she was aware that you expected acknowledgement. I certainly didn't realize you did.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 10:30
I was hired by Company A last month and I'm not really sure what to do, as they've already put in the paperwork to change my visa from student visa to a working visa.
Maybe everyone should just step back and read through OP 1st post again.

Excellent point. Note that they cannot apply for the residency change without a written contract, and you cannot start working until the residency status has been updated. So if you are working NOW then the company is breaking the law NOW. I suspect the change of status was never submitted, and they are just stringing you along to get free work out of you.

Btw, these smell of tactics of human trafficking, and send up red flags left and right. You basically have nothing to lose by walking away as the company offers you nothing but empty promises. Get out, find some help, and strongly consider reporting the company to immigration.

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 16:53
I don't think she was aware that you expected acknowledgement.

No, I don't expect acknowledgement. Please forget everything I wrote on this thread.

Meanwhile, could someone please tell me what she thinks about getting free advise at a city hall? Why does she say she has no options when she can go to the city hall?

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 17:35
I can go to the city hall if I don’t go to work. Otherwise, I don’t have the freedom to do so. My boss won’t even let me off if I’m sick or need to visit the doctor to have prescriptions renewed. I have “free time” in the car while I wait for her during appointments, but it’s usually no more than an hour. However, when I said I wanted to quit, my manager said I was obligated to give them a month’s notice so they could find a replacement.

Even if the legal advice is free, I’m reluctant to get involved in a legal struggle? The company is part of the “geinoukai”, so I’ve no doubt they have a good company lawyer. My boss’s help staff are all uncontracted (a.k.a they “signed” an oral contract) too because they refused to sign the written one - they said they were afraid they’d sign away their rights, but she’s still having them work as well.

Will there be repercussions for working for them if I report them? I’ve about two months left on my current visa.
by AliceInHell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 17:42
However, when I said I wanted to quit, my manager said I was obligated to give them a month’s notice so they could find a replacement.

No you are not obligated to give one months notice. You may forfeit salary by leaving immediately, but that doesn't sound like an issue since they probably aren't paying you anyway.

Even if the legal advice is free, I’m reluctant to get involved in a legal struggle? The company is part of the “geinoukai”, so I’ve no doubt they have a good company lawyer.

Legal advice doesn't mean you have to sue them. They can just advise you what to do and what steps to take.

My boss’s help staff are all uncontracted (a.k.a they “signed” an oral contract) too because they refused to sign the written one - they said they were afraid they’d sign away their rights, but she’s still having them work as well.

Which is probably illegal since they are foreign staff. Again, this sounds like a human trafficking ring. I'd urge you to report them to immigration/police. You could be helping more than just yourself.

Will there be repercussions for working for them if I report them? I’ve about two months left on my current visa.

Worst case you'll have to leave Japan, but compared to the situation you are in now that would not be bad. But you'll be helping yourself, and all the others they might entrap in the future. I'd urge you to go to city hall/immigration and get some advice.

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/4 23:55
Alice, what's going to happen in two months when your visa runs out if your employer hasn't sorted it out by then? It doesn't sound like you want to leave Japan but at the same time I get the impression you wouldn't want to stay illegally. Every day you put up with this is a valuable day of job hunting lost. If it were me I would just not show up tomorrow morning, you're not obligated to do a thing since you don't have a contract. Stop letting this awful person bully you, please.
by \\\\\ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/5 06:34
I think you are the one to take a first action to help yourself. No anonymous person on the Internet will give you a miracle solution. If you have time to post a message on a forum, could you not search an organisation that might be able to give you advice? I did a quick search and this one has an email address, if you are too scared to go awol or to walk out to get help. It wouldn't do any harm to ask if you get any help or guidance.

http://www.ajwrc.org/eng/modules/pico1/index.php?content_id=5

http://www.ajwrc.org/eng/modules/bulletin/index.php?page=article&story...

You know they have control over you and is making it hard for you to get away from them. So, you need to do something, unless you want to accept the rubbish.
by ktd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/5 09:00
To the OP,

I also encourage you to contact the organizations that Ktd posted.

Show business (geinoukai) is indeed a demanding industry, but keep in mind that the first thing frauds try to do is to prevent you from talking to other people. Once you start talking to other people (not anonymous internet users like us), you will notice that things aren't working the way it should be.

To anyone else,

I am truly sorry if I had offended anyone in any way. If I had, it was not my intention at all and I have no idea why it went wrong. All I wanted to do was to help.

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/7 02:38
by akumamatt33 rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/7 02:41

Administrative scrivener Ogasawara office
TEL: 042-555-7059
To TOP
Immigration - the hands of the regular foreign workers and foreign students of
the continued to apply for agency qualified with the administrative scrivener
  ◎ hire foreigners to accept corporate and foreign students
of the school are to everyone (including planned)

In the Tokyo Immigration Bureau, now it has been made the reservation system, which was intended for lawyers and administrative scrivener of the applicant agency qualified
to. So as not to waste the precious time of everybody, please take advantage of the expert.

In the case before you file a special residence permit, such as had been accommodated in the immigration also, the solution
will work together towards the decisions.

■ flow of up to departure from the entry and residence of foreigners
 Certificate of Eligibility → visa → landing permission stamp → resident registration → (deemed re-entry
permit and re-entry permit and qualifications outside activities permit or extension of period of stay permits and residence status change permit or
permanent residence permit) → departure

■ The type of visa procedures
◎ Certificate of Eligibility ... foreigners that foreigners for trying to enter Japan
entry of (residence) goal is to apply to any of the status of residence as stipulated in the Immigration Control Act
prove that a, was found in advance to the Minister of Justice document to be. I wish to enter Japan
foreigner or its officials in Japan to is, the application documents to the nearest regional immigration bureau
by submitting, in advance you can receive certification of the status of residence by the Minister of Justice.
To foreigners who received the certification from the Minister of Justice, Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
When Visa (VISA) issued the applicant, or, at the time of landing examination in Japanese airports such as
in, if submitted this certificate, examination becomes very smooth, smooth to immigration can
be.
※ and marriage, such as Filipino partner, failed to reunification of the stepchildren of marriage partner
person, please contact us.

@ residence period update permission ... beyond the authorized period of stay, continue to stay in Japan
required if you want.
 Examples: In the case of foreign students to the four-year college, period of stay is one year or
because it has been with the two years, you must have this procedure. Student certificate
also will be required attachments such as and grades certificate.

A to change the status of residence permission to change ... the current residence purpose,必to if you wish to stay
required.
 Examples: If you married to a Japanese during the stay in Japan, the residence capital
and change the rating to "Spouse or Child of Japanese National". Family register to prove the marriage
, such as a certified copy is required. Since the fake marriage is frequent, huh
care must be taken that an increasing number of cases that are not allowed.

B to leave to one year super outside Japan to re-entry permit ... within the period of stay, the input of the same purpose again
need to if you want a country.

C qualification outside activities permitted ... such as a part-time job, intends to activities other than the permitted activities
necessary to TSS.

D trying to prove that it is a qualification that is recognized to get employment credentials ... revenue
required if you want to.

◎ immigration application agency administrative scrivener The
 Originally, notification of the necessary documents, in person, must appear to the Immigration Bureau
not. In addition, it must appear again if there is a deficiency in the documents, etc.. Immigration
application agency administrative scrivener is, may be submitted on behalf of foreigners who
so, you are exempted from appearance of the person. For this reason only, the person is school and
you do not need to rest the company. By all means, it is the entry application agency administrative scrivener, to the skilled job
, please ordering. (For the procedure of international marriage of employees and students, please contact us.)

Free consultation. Do not do. please note that.
  Are you of your worries is to solve likely? First of all the consultation!
I do not care about the time, e-mail · FAX consultation, it is a 1-2,000 yen. Phase by the interview
stories will be undertake in one hour 5000 yen. (Or per meeting of the mail after consultation
is to, we will undertake in one hour, 3,000 yen) With regard to the method of payment
, please contact us.

Application and inquiries are now (365 days, 24 hours in the reception)
          FAX: 050-3737-9525

Established medical corporation , any guardianship ,  company establishment , office assistance ,  
             traffic accident , intestacy  
Content-certified  industrial waste  
Site Map (Site Map)
Display based on specific trade law
Link  Link 2  Link 3

Return
Return

Frequently the applicant agency administrative scrivener questions will answer for Immigration Q & A over foreign workers and foreign students.
Frequently the applicant agency administrative scrivener questions will answer for Immigration Q & A over foreign workers and foreign students.
Immigration business content and remuneration
Immigration business content and remuneration
Special permission for residence
Special permission for residence
Consultation over the applicant agency administrative scrivener about the Immigration (residence status, visa) is I will receive a consultation.
Consultation over the applicant agency administrative scrivener about the Immigration (residence status, visa) is I will receive a consultation.
International marriage
International marriage

Original text
入国管理-正規の外国人労働者や留学生の手続きには申請取次資格を持った行政書士へ
Contribute a better translation

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/7 02:45
If it was me I'd suck it up and do the job after a month I'd say I have a family issues stateside

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/9 07:46
This is what is happening all over the world nowadays, and will only get worse. We are now facing a global problem with the TPP, Nafta, Cafta, Shafta, whatever you want to call it. Basically countries bringing in foreigners to work in terrible conditions, exploiting and abusing them while also making it more difficult for the local workers. I hope that people get together and protest. The way that people are taken advantage of nowadays is fast becoming the norm and we need to ALL rise up against it. I hope that you find the strength to stand up and demand decent pay and treatment.
by Jennifer Mar505 rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/9 08:40
You'll never get decent pay and treatment from this kind of employer. The only way they learn is by having the law come down on them. If you're adamant enough about demanding your rights then they'll eventually get rid of you and find some other mug to do their bidding, probably neglecting to pay you anything they owe in the process. That's arguably the best case scenario; depending on who you are working for things could get much worse if we are dealing with a case of psychological manipulation.
by \\\\\ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Workplace Abuse Advice 2016/2/9 09:17
It sounds like your boss and company have you scared. With all the illegal things they're pulling, inside and outside of work (the houseworkers thing especially sounds like human trafficking), this is more than just "bad working conditions."

Document everything you can. You can take your complaints to the labor board without having to bring a lawsuit or anything personally, they'll take care of the investigation and apply any fines or punishment that need to be taken.

I agree with the other posters that it's possible they haven't even applied for your working visa. I've heard of companies that run scams like that to get free labor, or suddenly tell you that there were problems with your visa and it cost them money so they are withholding your pay/need you to pay them to cover the costs and their trouble. This is complete crap, processing a working visa is relatively simple in most cases. I think it's unlikely you'll get your backpay on your own in any case, just cut your losses and report them to the labor board to try to prevent them from pulling this in the future.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 37 of 37
prev
1 2

reply to this thread