Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:21
Me too C12 I'm so nervouss ughhh
My test scores are pretty bad so I'm hoping my GPA and my essays will boost me up hahhahahahah
by Johanna Shima rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:36
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, I JUST GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM SILS!!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE TEST IS ABOUT????
by EvilCinnamonRoll (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:36
Johanna Shima - I'm extremely stressed out because I have no idea what Japanese universities are looking for! All of my friends applied for American universities, so I had no one to go to for help :( fingers crossed, though! I'm sure you'll get in :)
by C12 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:37
@ EvilCinnamonRoll - Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? (I'm in the United States so I'm trying to guesstimate as to when I'll get my result TT_TT)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:40
@evilcinnamonroll
DUDE HAHAHA CONGRATS UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T KNOWW HAHAHHA

@C12
OMGG ME TOO, IM ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO GO TO A JAPANESE UNIVERSITY WHILE EVERYONE ELSE ARE TRYING TO GET INTO AN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
ALL I CAN SAY FOR SURE IS HAVE CONFIDENCE :) WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER KIND OF HAHA AND WE'RE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS SO WE'RE IN THE SAME BOAT. I GUESS WE'RE SOME KIND OF ALLIES. DID U APPLY FOR OTHER UNIVERSITIES??

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:42
I'm from Singapore!

Same, I'm the only one who's going to japan, against the wishes (and judgement) of all my Asian relatives *rolls eyes*
by EvilCinnamonRoll (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:43
@ Johanna Shima - Yeah, I applied to Sophia as well! I'm actually already attending an American university right now (as a freshman!), but I'm really hoping to move to Waseda. How about you?

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:46
@ EvilCinnamonRoll - Oh, I see! Well, I don't know too much about the exam/interview but I've read random bits and pieces of information that suggest that Waseda's mostly looking to see that you can write ~smooth~ (as in, you can move from one point to another fluidly) essays and know how to make your topic really clear. I don't know how accurate that is, but I think that's the gist of it! :)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 13:50
@C12 HAHAHAHAHHA IM STILL ATTENDING HIGH SCHOOL AT AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL :D IM IN MY SENIOR YEAR AND IM TRYING TO GRADUATE EARLY
IM ALSO HOPING TO GO TO WASEDA!!
I APPLIED FOR SOPHIA AND DOSHISHA :)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 14:14
@Johanna Shima
Yeah, I took the new SAT in June and got 1510, but I didn't practice that much on my essay and got 6/6/5. Still pretty good, was in the 99th percentile so that gave me confidence over my average results in high school. IELTS was 8.0.

My parents don't seem to completely agree with me going to Japan to study liberal arts in English, but at least they're not stopping me. Everyone else is like 'Japan must be fun' or 'What's liberal arts?' and 'What kind of job will you get?'... I don't really care, I just want the experience and do what I want.
by fleckyx rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/17 23:52
@fleckyx - At least you have the option of going secured! My parents weren't too happy either, but I showed them that I was really serious about this idea and so they let me send in an application. (Still haven't gotten my result yet, haha...)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 07:55
@fleckyx man that's a freaking good scoreee
@C12 me too!! i didn't get anything yet... u took the SAT as well right??

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:03
@ Johanna Shima - Oh, really? Aren't you in Korea?
Yeah, I took the SAT! I got good scores for everything but math, haha. My overall was pretty decent, though.

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:16
At least a 2000?
Man you're lucky hahaha
I actually am but I'm attending an international school here :D so basically I learn everything in English :))

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:20
@ Johanna Shima - Yeah, I got 2040 on the old SAT! I'm super lucky because my non-math scores were high enough to kinda boost up my overall score. I would've been screwed otherwise, haha. I'm so nervous right now because I thought people in Korea would get their results faster (since you know...Japan is close to Korea LOL) TT_TT I'm on the East Coast so I have no idea when mine will arrive :(

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:31
@C12 dang that's also an excellent score
man you guys are really good hahaha
I thought so too so I'm really worried right now...

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:33
@ Johanna Shima - I've been obsessively checking the Japan Post page and it says it should take 3 days for letters to arrive in my state...which means it should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday (my time) argh TT_TT

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:36
I'm hoping mine will come today!!
I'm really worried D:

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:40
@ Johanna Shima - I'm sure it'll arrive today! It's Tuesday morning in Korea, isn't it? It'll probably be waiting for you by the time you get home from school!

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 08:46
@C12 Yeapp!! Thanks a lot! I seriously hope it does :D Hope we both get in :))

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread