Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/22 15:33
Teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more in this topic.
by Horence rate this post as useful

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/22 15:39
Thanks for your reply.
May be I need to go to Matsumoto first but it's not a big difference in price as it's out of the 8 days ticket.
My plan starts on the 5/9 from Nagoya. Make a stop over in Gifu (if the ticket allows). Then stay 2 nights in Takayama. On the 3rd day proceed to Toyoma (is any place recommended for a short stop?) and then stay
3 nights near the railway station so it will be easy to travel 3 days to Alpen route and enjoy also hiking.
Day 6&7 will stay in Nagoya and visiting the Monkey Park and may be Karuizawa. On the 8th day will back to Matsumoto and then with free ticket to Kiso valley and back to Matsumoto. The next day will take the bus to Kamikochi for 2 nights and back for 3 nights to Matusumoto. Then after to Tokyo or buy bus or train.
Any other recommendations from your side
Thanks
Eli
by Eli Levi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/22 21:31
(is any place recommended for a short stop?)

Hida-Furukawa maybe. It resembles Takayama but less touristic.

and then stay 3 nights near the railway station so it will be easy to travel 3 days to Alpen route and enjoy also hiking.

If your budget allows you might better stay near Tateyama station so that you can save traveling time (1+ hour one way).

Day 6&7 will stay in Nagoya and visiting the Monkey Park and may be Karuizawa.

Well, you can go Matsumoto after the Alpine route, and then Kamikochi, Norikura, Kiso etc., and then to Nagano. From Nagano you can take Shinkansen to Tokyo and Karuizawa is on the way. If you do sidetrip from Nagano to Karuizawa, it will be only 30 min, but costs more than 3000 yen one way. Shinkansen from Nagano to Tokyo is faster than the limited express from Matsumoto to Shinjuku. Well, that is not big difference, but I think it will be slightly better to do Matsumoto first.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/22 22:26
FYI.....Horence is a bot.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/23 16:54
Thanks again.
I thought to stay in Toyama because it's first a big city and second you get better hotel for the same price as in Tateyama. If you can recommend one I may reserve for the 3rd night.
I'm going first to Nagoya as for logistic is more convenient. On our day trip to Kiso Valley for example I can leave the luggage in the hotel in Matsumoto.
What type of transportations I have from Matsuomoto to Tokyo?
With the 8 days ticket, shall I get a kind of pass that I need to show every time I enter the train line?
Gifu is worth for stop over? How many hours to spend?
Eli

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/23 18:28
I love people in Japan and works. Timviecnhanh is wish people can visit in https://www.timviecnhanh.com/ with very jobs
by timviecnhanh rate this post as useful

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/23 18:49
If you can recommend one I may reserve for the 3rd night.

Well, just from the reviews on the internet, these two look nice.

http://senjusou.weebly.com
https://travel.rakuten.com/hotel/Japan-Toyama_Prefecture-Tateyama-Senj...

https://travel.rakuten.com/hotel/Japan-Toyama_Prefecture-Toyama-Hotel_...

What type of transportations I have from Matsuomoto to Tokyo?

Bus to Shinjuku, 200 min 6100 yen or Limited Express train 160-180 min 6896 yen. You can buy ticket while you are in Matsumoto station.

With the 8 days ticket, shall I get a kind of pass that I need to show every time I enter the train line?

As far as I know, you can get on Toyama Chihou Tetsudo train (from Dentetsu Toyama to Tateyama) by just showing your JR train ticket for Shinano-Omachi to Nagoya. Then at Tateyama station (cable car) show your JR ticket at the counter then the staff will give you a special ticket valid for the entire Alpine route. At this time your ticket will stamped the time of start for a certain cable car.

Gifu is worth for stop over? How many hours to spend?

Well, I have not been there, but the only thing I can remember of is the castle. It is historically important for Japanese, but it is not the original. Maybe 2-3 hours will be enough.

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/23 20:12
Thanks.
Regarding bus and train from Matsumoto to Tokyo. Bus is 3500 Y and low cost train is 4000 Y+ seat fee.
Am I wrong?
Eli

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/23 20:33
Regarding bus and train from Matsumoto to Tokyo. Bus is 3500 Y

Oh, sorry, you are right. I wrote 6100 yen, but this is the round trip fare. 3500 yen one way.

and low cost train is 4000 Y+ seat fee.

Well do you mean non-limited express train? If so, you don't need to add additional fee. But it will take about 4.5 to 5 hours. If you take Limited Express train 160-180 min, you must add 2380 yen for unreserved seat or 2900 yen for reserved seat.

So bus takes 200 min 3500 yen while train takes 160-180 min 6300 to 7000 yen. Bus runs very frequently (once or twice an hour) which means some people prefer bus because of the low fare I think. Train runs less frequently, but still at least once an hour. Train is more comfortable and punctual so also some people like trains.

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/25 13:16
Thanks.
Regarding bus and train from Matsumoto to Tokyo. Bus is 3500 Y and low cost train is 4000 Y+ seat fee.
Am I wrong?
Eli

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/25 13:54
low cost train is 4000 Y+ seat fee.

Well, it's difficult to answer because I am not sure what do you mean by "low cost train". For me, low cost train is •’Ê—ñŽÔ or local slow train which stops many or all stations. Most people don't use this type of train for long distance travel (more than 100 km maybe) since it takes longer time than by Limited Express trains or “Á‹}. You need ‰^’À which is shown as "fare" on hyperdia in both types of trains and must add “Á‹}—¿‹à which is shown as seat fee on hyperdia, when you use Limited Express trains.

http://www.goo.gl/QG9DG1

This "seat fee" is sometimes confusing. For Japanese people it's very simple since if we use Limited Express, we know we must pay for the Limited Express train charge (“Á‹}—¿‹à which is seat fee in Hyperdia in English which is inappropriate expression in my opinion). Actually it's not seat fee but it's Limited Express fee. If it's "seat fee" one might think it's not mandatory if you don't take your seat. It's of course mandatory if you use Limited Express trains even if you can't find your seat (you can save your time, and the fee is for this time).

So in conclusion if you take Limited Express train from Matsumoto to Shinjuku, you must pay Express fee. There are two types of Express fee: Express fee for reserved seating and Express fee of non-reserved seating. The former is somewhat more expensive than the latter. Each Limited Express train has several "Reserved seat cars" and "Non-reserved seat cars". If you buy "reserved seat ticket" you are assigned a seat in a reserved seat car. If you buy "non-reserved seat ticket" you are not assigned a seat. This does not mean you can not take a seat, but the seat on the non-reserved seat cars will be taken by "First come, first served" rule. If there are no seat when you entered a car, you must stand on somewhere in the non-reserved seat car.

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/6/26 17:10
Thanks.
Am I wrong?
Eli

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/7/29 23:22
Hello,
I'm almost prepared to my 3 weeks trip to Japan including 2 weeks from Nagoya to Matsumoto.
I've one full day in Takamaya. 2 days Kamikochi and 3 days in Matsumoto.
Is it better to visit Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takamaya or from Kamikochi as I saw there is a track back
to Kamikochi that taks about 4 hours.
Better to visit Norikura from Matsumoto or to combine it within my 3 days stay in Kmikochi?
Please tell me what you think better
Thanks
Eli

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/7/31 17:00
Is it better to visit Shin-Hotaka Ropeway from Takamaya or from Kamikochi as I saw there is a track back

Timewise it will be better to to from Takayama. Can you take time to travel from Takayama even you have only 1 day in Takayama. Another issue is the weather: it can not be predicted wether it will be fine on you date of travel. If the weather in Shin-Hotaka ropeway is fine, then go for it. If it will be rainy, you might better walk around Takayama.

http://shinhotaka-ropeway.jp/livecamera/

Better to visit Norikura from Matsumoto or to combine it within my 3 days stay in Kmikochi?

This also depends on the weather. If you catch fine weather, it is the time to go.

Enjoy your trip in Japanese Alps!

Re: Japanease Alps 2017/8/5 16:49
Hello,
In one of the answers you said this:
As far as I know, you can get on Toyama Chihou Tetsudo train (from Dentetsu Toyama to Tateyama) by just showing your JR train ticket for Shinano-Omachi to Nagoya. Then at Tateyama station (cable car) show your JR ticket at the counter then the staff will give you a special ticket valid for the entire Alpine route. At this time your ticket will stamped the time of start for a certain cable car.

My question- as far as I remember you said that with days ticket I can go on the Alpine route back and fourth as I ike. Am I correct? We plan to visit the Alpine Route 3 days (including trekking). 2 days up to the top and in the thirsdday from the Murodu to Ogizawa.
Please elaborate
Thanks

Re: Japanese Alps 2017/8/5 18:51
My question- as far as I remember you said that with days ticket I can go on the Alpine route back and fourth as I ike. Am I correct?

Yes. The Tateyama Kurobe Alpine ticket allows you to travel unlimitedly from Dentetsu Toyama to Shinano Omachi. This is incredible bargain, but this is true. You might know the tip for activating the Internet forum. That is, write wrong information. Then some other person rapidly correct the wrong information. I believe my previous post is correct since no one posted a correction :).

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

reply to this thread