Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/4 00:45
I guess it's sort of like finding a soulmate. :)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/9 03:17
Gero, located in the Gifu mountains it's an onsen town surrounded by mountains and rivers. Most beautiful place I've been. Lot of really nice walking paths, along the river or up through the mountains past Gassho village.
by KGhaleon rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/16 13:12
Can I collectively point at Okinawa's islands? It's very hard to choose just one... maybe Taketomi. In general Okinawa is my favourite place in Japan for lots of reasons.
Totally agree with the OP about the atmosphere of Lake Tazawa, a truly unique place.

You've seen nothing of Gero if you haven't been to its detached outlying villages like Maze. That's where the real treasure is.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/16 14:26
Since Taketomi has already been mentioned, I'll say my favorite spot on the mainland: the Tajima Daibutsu at Chorakuji in northern Hyogo. In the middle of Nara or Kyoto it wouldn't be out of place, but to see such a gorgeous, massively-scaled temple surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Tajima never fails to give me a sense of surprise and wonder.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

reply to this thread