Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

no bird flu here... 2006/8/7 13:30
So many people still think you can get bird flu from eating chicken! You can't, raw or cooked, and your chances of catching bird flu in SE Asia are about the same as of winning the lottery.

Millions of people die in Asia and Africa every year of malaria, many tourists included, but where is all the publicity about that?

It makes no sense to be so paranoid about bird flu.
by Sira rate this post as useful

I had raw chicken 2007/11/28 07:15
I've had it at a yakitori place in NYC and thought it was just ok...Not like my favorite food, though... A friend of mine had it in a small town in Japan that's known for special chickens raised for this purpose and thought it was delicious. Mine was served with a garlicky soy sauce.
by Ada Wakeman rate this post as useful

in a kobe izakaya, 2007/11/28 12:08
i had chicken sashimi. it goes with this delicious sauce that makes you forget that it's raw and all the risk that comes with it. the meat was surprisingly soft, too.
by ella rate this post as useful

Do not want raw chicken 2007/11/29 00:21
Ok, so when in Japan and eating yakitori how do I tell them I want it cooked all the way through. Anecdotal evidence aside from everyone else that has eaten raw chicken and not gotten sick, I could never bring myself to eat it.
by . rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/29 09:11
You shouldn't need to tell them. It is the rare case that your yakitori won't be fully cooked. By the way, the raw chicken that people are talking about on this thread is specifically ordered raw. If you didn't order raw chicken you shouldn't expect to get raw chicken.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Yakitori 2007/11/29 23:35
I had Yakitori in a nearby Japanese restaurant and it's very tasty. I can't say that it was raw or cold, but it did have a more tender middle than I would ave expected.

I would recommend it ^^
by Brian rate this post as useful

hmmmm 2007/12/1 04:48
I had never thought of eating raw chicken.. and did not know that they eat them in Japan. As I had read all of your comments of it, I really want to give it a try.... haha, but I will not prepare it myself(thinking maybe I will make myself sick)
by shari rate this post as useful

Don't be a Chicken 2007/12/27 20:10
Try it! I just went to a
yakitori restaurant the other night. Raw Chicken was on the menu, so I had to give it a try. It was so oishii I ordered more. It was served with a little, wasabi/soy dressing, daicon & small greens. Very "UMAI!"
by Fish want U to eat more chicken rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

reply to this thread