Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

water 2009/2/10 07:40
You can't always rely on guidebooks or other "official info"...2 years ago a big US university was advising their students going to Japan to do their best "blend in" and those going to France that French women didn't have platonic male friends and weren't used to go on a date. I have drunk tap water in Paris and Japan without problems.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

OK 2009/2/10 12:23
The tap water is safe to drink in Japan, but in Tokyo, I can sometimes smell the chlorine in it, and it tastes only very average.

In other areas close to the mountains, the water is very good, as it comes directly from mountain stream fed dams.
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

just taste it 2009/2/10 18:31
[i]The tap water is safe to drink in Japan, but in Tokyo, I can sometimes smell the chlorine in it, and it tastes only very average.
In other areas close to the mountains, the water is very good, as it comes directly from mountain stream fed dams.[/i]

Yes, I think it depends.
I guess - and that is my own preconception ;-) that it is safe everywhere in Japan.
So one may taste it and one will know immediately if to prefer bottled water or not.
by Tokaido 2007 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread