Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

Re: Have you ever met your penpal(s)? 2014/6/5 04:55
Sure, hirosumi - works great if you are into online stuff. Each one - to his own!
by 010101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Have you ever met your penpal(s)? 2014/6/5 14:16
yes, i have met my 'not-quite' panpal online.
They are not from this site, but lo and behold, from Nico nama.
I used to have a broadcast where i share my upcoming trips and have audience responds with tips and idea, from there I got contact thru skype, and then we met up (1 pal actually visited my country, so i offered to show around my city, and some i met up while in Japan).
I got in contact w/ them like less then 4 months prior to actually meeting in person, and we never know how each other looks till the day of meeting(we only describe what we wore). It was fantastic. i still keep in touch with some :D
by ejump0 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Have you ever met your penpal(s)? 2014/6/10 12:05
Yes i had met my some penpals.

When i visited to France last spring, my penpal came to Paris with her son.
It was great time.
We write mails not so much now but still friends.
I sent them some gifts for their birthday.
And they sent me too.

And other penpal, we know two years as penpals.
But we had never met each other.
We want to visit each other.
We talk almost everyday.
Even it's short chat or long.
I respect him as my friend.
Someday we will meet and enjoy that.

And i had met some other penpals before.
It's really good to meet out of website.
But i know sometimes it's not good.
We have to judge that by ourselves.
by Macoj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Have you ever met your penpal(s)? 2014/8/22 12:18
Wow! an AMAZING thread!

I live in Singapore, a girl and I just started penpal two weeks ago. I use LINE.

My Japanese is very bad. So I have to keep using translator. But I think is very difficult to go into deeper conversation because I do not know how to say it in Japanese.

Some of them know english well. And we manage to go into deeper conversations like talking about hobbies and soo...

May I ask do they normally took so long to reply a message? like one day later...

So far out of many, currently only two are active, a married japanese woman and a single japanese working man.

My very first penpal is the Japanese lady. She have very good knowledge in english. We exchange our life style, teach each other Languages and share topics. She always makes me laugh! And I learn alot from her.

Next is a Japanese guy. He's so kind, until I wonder are all Japanese man this kind or he is just being nice.
He's a very out going guy and is very interested to learn english(he just started). But he never fail to reply my message. He love to share his photos and daily life, and told me if I go to Japan, he will let me stay in his house for free. WOW!
Are all Japanese people so that kind to let you stay at their house?
Oh by the way, we started skype yesterday(it's my first time in life skype)

The rest are unactive, reply once a day(I guess this is normal then). After reading this thread, I feel bad to chat with them in english or with my broken japanese.

And of cause if I go to Japan, I would like to meet them.
by Haryuu rate this post as useful

Re: Have you ever met your penpal(s)? 2014/8/23 03:43
For me, I do not think Ifm cut out for the pen pal thing, I tried it and it didnft work out. If I could go back and change anything it would be, I wish I put in more time writing to them in Japanese. I know talking in English is hard for some of them but writing in English is even harder. If I could give my opinion to others about writing to your pen pal from another country. I would recommend that you try to best to send every other e-mail their language/Japanese. Send one e-mail and English send the next one in Japanese or you can right it in English than at the bottom have it in Japanese. Donft write long email try to keep it short depending how well they know English.
by Seiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread