Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/10 16:48
To the best of my knowledge - they are still working on the usability of some features such as what you mentioned above (want to visit, visited, score out of 5 etc).....

I think they said it was still a couple of weeks away - but I guess this is expected when they change the website style.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/12 00:10
Laenir: You're right, it worked like a charm. Thanks!
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/13 08:37
This is like some kind of sick joke. The font is crap. It's not fit for purpose. It doesn't work: parts of letters bleed into double-thickness at random. It doesn't display properly and is like some hand-coded joke from the early years of Adobe Postscript. No serious website would do this. If I ran it, I'd have sacked whoever did this. If I was an advertiser, I'd have pulled my adverts. If it stays like this, with a semi-illegible font, then I'm out. There are other sites: ones I can READ, with proper fonts.

Who did you hire, the Windows 8 design team? This is a farce. Who uses illegible fonts in 2015?
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/13 08:55
David, we would have appreciated a screen shot instead of swearing. In any case, we will reconsidering our font choice so that our website is clearly legible on all browsers, including the exotic ones.
by admin rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/13 09:08
The font works great for me, it's crisp and easy to read on my ipad (apple) as well as on my laptop (windows 7).
by Dutch Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/13 12:10
Absolutely no font issues here. It's probably your browser.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/13 13:34
For me, running on ie from a Surface2 while vacationing in Japan, there is no appreciable problem with the website. I may or may not like the layout, but that is something I will have to deal with.

I will see if there is a problem when I return home Saturday and use my Firefox-using laptop after 29 days of ups and downs and highs and lows here in this beautiful country.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/14 00:18
Maybe its just be but i do see what Japan-Guide is trying to do when they redesign their website. they should have done more work before going live on the new design. i'm using google chrome and i see it changing back every now and than to the old site.

but in my personal opinion. i think they really should think about adding things they took away and allow members to be more free and making comments without the fear of being block out or disable. i have notice less activities in the forums section on this website since 4 years ago when i join.
by SeikoSKO rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/14 09:04
they should have done more work before going live on the new design.

I agree. Next time we will try to avoid setting a fixed deadline.

i'm using google chrome and i see it changing back every now and than to the old site.

That may be local cache related phenomena. We have not switched back to the old layout since April 1.

i think they really should think about adding things they took away

Yes, we are still working on adding back several features over the coming weeks.

and allow members to be more free and making comments without the fear of being block out or disable.

Freedom on this website is limited by our terms of use. Polite, respectful people need not to fear anything. But we will continue to monitor this forum to keep out rude, hateful, disruptive, disrespectful and intolerant behavior.

i have notice less activities in the forums section on this website since 4 years ago when i join.

No, there is currently more activity than four years ago. But it is true that there were more questions being posted 8 years ago. I think one reason for the decrease is that many more questions these days are answered by existing threads and newly created information pages. 8 years ago, 40% of all questions were related to climbing mount Fuji and lavender in Furano. We improved our pages on these topics accordingly; hence such questions have greatly decreased in numbers.
by Admin rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/14 16:22
We have been in Japan since March 24, and have accessing japan.guide from the Tabimori App (which is BRILLIANT BTW: just fabulous being able to get to everything on japan.guide so easily on my iPhone 6); so I have only recently noticed the change to the website. After reading these posts I figure that a few issues have already been sorted (finding Forum, and User reports, and the Destinations rankings).
Ifm using Safari, OSX 10.10.2 on an 11 inch MacBookAir, and not having any user problems at all. (clearly I am not using Kanji).
My only comment is that the Home Page appearance is not as gbright and welcoming and friendlyh as it used to be: it is a more "ponderous and grey and underwhelmingh.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/4/14 16:31
My only comment is that the Home Page appearance is not as gbright and welcoming and friendlyh as it used to be: it is a more "ponderous and grey and underwhelmingh.

Thank you for your feedback! We feel the same. The improvement of the homepage is one of many items on our todo list.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/4 20:58
When the updates are made, could they please be written here so that we know? It would be helpful.
by Your Friend (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 08:46
Still not possible to upload user reports...
by jioruji rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 10:02
Not yet, but some of the core features such as the wishlist and the rating system are back up.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 10:45
...and the user reports are back!
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 14:24
This is an odd question - but anything still not working or is everything working now?

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 22:14
It's nice to notice that everyting is working.

One suggestion though: wouldn't it be nice if we had the chance to sort the user reports also by posted date?

I mean that some (like myself) only post a report after a considerable time. The way it is now, that report won't show at the top, which we as readers do not know what's new...

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/28 23:04
Actually - it is posted by date. They have also added a cool feature that allows you to find all the posts from one particular user

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/29 09:02
It is posted by the date of the trip, not of the report.

So a post of somebody who took a trip last November but only posts it today will not appear on top.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/29 17:55
The reports are now ordered by submission date.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread