Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 78
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Housing Waiting List 2006/2/11 05:51
I don't have any current information. But when we lived on the beach 40 years ago we loved it. And, anyway, from what I recall, it would be about now that we would have gotten to the top of the waiting list..........
by watagei rate this post as useful

Tabitha 's reply to Zathras 2006/2/12 13:27
My husband is in the Navy and has been assigned to the Kitty Hawk in Yokosuka.
by Tabitha rate this post as useful

New friends 2006/2/21 13:07
My hubby and I will be stationed in yoko in Sept and just trying to meet some people before we get there.
by Rhon rate this post as useful

Yokosuka 2006/3/10 13:38
If anyone has any questions concerning housing or vehicles in Yokosuka feel free to email me at info@lifetownjapan.com. I am an American, prior Navy, real estate agent in the Yokosuka area.
by Chris rate this post as useful

Hi Rhon 2006/4/15 09:36
Hi rhon,
We too will be moving to yokosuka in sept. :)
by Renee rate this post as useful

gymnastics coach in Yokosuka 2006/5/5 03:17
Getting ready to move to Yokosuka. My daugther 8yo participates in competitive gymanstics. Anyone give me info or contact info for a training gym near yokosuka.
by Patricia rate this post as useful

Already living in Yokosuka 2006/5/10 16:16
Off base, been here just over 2 months and it's not so bad, the house my fiance managed to get is quite big by Japanese standards, 2 story and quite modern but very cold in winter! I can just imagine how hot it can get lol

We have recently been in talks of moving to Negishi, or if possible on base into a house. His co-workers, both Japnese and American, have advised him they think it's best if we stay out on town and that is just their opinion but I am open to all and any advice.

One issue I am having is a hard time meeting people. Most of the people in our neighbourhood are elderly or older married couples with children who don't seem too keen to make good with the foreigners (and I mean that in the nicest way, no offence meant! They just always stare at us lol) And of course we don't speak Japanese fluently.
I am Australian and he is of course American.

I was hoping to have the opportunity to meet other women who are perhaps in my situation also and were wanting to make friends during their stay out here. I am trying to learn Japanese but my fiance is stubborn and I don't want to have to force him but having someone learn with you is the easiest way I've heard.

I haven't been on the base as much as I'd like to, but am eager to get my military ID so I have better access to the facilities and places where meeting people would perhaps be easier.

Enough rambling, my point was supposed to be that Anjil and Shely made Negishi sound wonderful to relocate to in terms of family life. We don't have any children, is housing available on base for couples with no dependants that isn't in a high-rise building ?

I am open to meeting anybody in the same predicament or who would be happy to befriend a good-natured, down to earth Aussie gal, new to both Japan and military life, while in Yokosuka Japan :)
by Ronnii rate this post as useful

ahhh this would help huh ? 2006/5/10 16:33
My e-mail address is bossyboss@gmail.com (old chat nic, don't ask lol)
by Ronnii rate this post as useful

New Friends 2006/6/8 13:06
Hi Renee,

Glad to see you responded. How long are you there for? My hubby is going to come first and find housing then me and the baby will come. Pls email me mrspaarker@yahoo.com ( there are two (a's) in parker.
by Rhon rate this post as useful

yokosuka 2006/6/10 13:26
military wife moving to yokosuka, just have a few questions for other military over there. hope you can help me. i have been all over the websites, and everyone is saying that the space is limited and not to bring alot of furniture. i am wondering if this applies to on base aswell. and if it only applies for off base, will there be a place for me to store my excess furniture awaiting on base housing??
by tessaready rate this post as useful

Hi All 2006/6/25 23:08
I am a navy wive of a sailor statoned in Yokosuka. I just wanted to post a website that I started and it is for Yokosuka Navy Wives. It's a place to meet new people and chat.

http://groups.myspace.com/yokosukawives
by Renee rate this post as useful

childcare provider 2006/9/30 07:04
my husband might get station down there and we might move down there. one thing that i am afrid of is that i am a childcare provider at my home. i'm not sure if any parents well need a childcare provider. do u guys think that i can find kids to take care of if i decide to move down there?
by nancy rate this post as useful

my move to yokosuka 2006/10/5 02:38
I lived in Yokosuka for a year..I didn't need a Visa to enter and took with me everything I posessed.A ditty bag,a sea bag and my trusty carbine..We made it safe for all of you..
by carl alan rate this post as useful

Negishi Housing 2006/10/6 08:42
Does anyone know where I can find some interior photos of Negishi housing?
by aloha rate this post as useful

how to obtain a car in yokosuka 2006/10/25 00:27
My husband and I are getting stationed on the yokosuka naval base and I was wondering how do we go about getting a car and what are the condition of the used cars?
by Helen rate this post as useful

Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 2006/10/25 17:24
My husband has been offered a job to move to Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa. Can you tell me something about the city and how far is it from Tokyo.
by Aparna rate this post as useful

To Helen, used cars in Yokosuka 2006/10/29 19:46
We moved to Yokosuka at the end of July and had no trouble finding good used cars. MWR sponsors a used car lot next to the commissary where people who are PCSing as well as dealers sell cars. We bought two Toyotas, one a wagon and one a little sedan for 2300 and 2100. Both are in great shape and have low mileage and are less than 10 years old. I have seen cars even cheaper. We also spent two days shopping at the used car lots in town, and had the help of a friend who is fluent in Japanese. We found the prices at the MWR lot to be much cheaper. If we were planning to bring the cars home to the States we might have spent more, but we decided to get just basic transportation for the 2-3 years that we are here.
by Charlotte rate this post as useful

yokosuka 2007/1/11 12:18
hi everyone. i have been trying to find info on housing off base with very little luck.. we are definitley bringing one little dog and maybe another-will this make it difficult to live off base? now that most of you there any helpful hints for someone coming this July? thanks in advance!
by alice rate this post as useful

hey alice 2007/1/11 12:52
We are moving to Yokosuka too. My husband is leaving in 4 days:( and me and my son are coming over in April!! He is going to find housing as well. I have been doing alot of research in the area and found that this site useful www.kencorp.com. I dont know if your husband is active duty or sofa. Do you prefer to live off base? If not I know there is miltary housing. My husband was in the military but he is out now. But he is working on Yokosuka. Hope this helps!!!
by tasha rate this post as useful

Commuting to Tokyo from Negishi/Ikego 2007/1/24 07:13
Hello! My hubby to be recently received orders for the Kitty Hawk in Yokosuka. Fortunately my company is willing to transfer me to one of our regional offices in Tokyo. My fiance and I are now pondering over which housing option would be the best alternative for the both of us in order to reach a healthy medium. His position on the Kitty Hawk will be quite demanding. I, on the other hand, will have a little more flexibility in my position in Tokyo. We both really like the idea of all of the base resources available in Ikego, however Negishi seems as if it may be a bit more centrally located for both of our jobs. Can anyone give us any feedback on the commute that we both can expect (me to/from Tokyo, him to/from Yokosuka)? Additionally, we are both fairly young adults (29 y/o) with no kids, so we would appreciate being around social/dining/nightlife activities. Thanks!
by Akasha rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 78
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread