Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 59 of 59
prev
1 2 3

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/8/21 19:58
After about 10 tries with Apple Pay it worked for me. Just keep trying and eventually it will work.
by AM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/9/2 02:44
I can confirm that using Apple Pay with a Mastercard on the app ended up working after 7 tries (i.e. keep resubmitting the payment until it works). We also used a VPN, but unsure if that was helpful or not
by youpee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/10/12 23:00
I used the USJ app and paid with MC. I struggled several times but finally got it to go through as I tweaked my inputs each time.

I suggest you put your full mailing address when asked. I do not think this is what made it go through in the end though. I believe the 2 most important inputs are:

1. Expiration date. Just put 4 numbers, no slash. And be sure to put 2 digit year first

2. Phone number. Last change I made was this - for US based phones, 001 and then your phone number. For example, 0012144548560

Good luck!
by Ibepaul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/10/18 22:19
I managed to make 2 purchase transactions on USJ ticketing website without facing any problems. Both transactions went through on the 1st try.

I used a multi-currency travel wallet and money changer app called YouTrip, changed my local currency (SGD) to Japanese Yen (JPY) and paid using the credit card number given in the app.
However, I do not think the success is due to my mode of payment.

During payment, I noticed that the credit card expiry date requires to be entered in the format YYMM instead of the usual MMYY.
I suspect this may be the issue faced by others when they wrongly entered the expiry date in the wrong format.

Hope it helps.
by burking (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/10/21 23:26
noticed that many of the successful purchases are via apple pay. however this payment option doesn't appear for me in the app nor the website.
can i check how does the apple pay payment option appear for the guys who were successful?
thanks!
by messy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/11/16 10:04
It was a huge pain to purchase USJ tickets which I never experienced when I bought US tickets in Florida, LA and Singapore! At first, it did not want to accept my first name and last name because of the needed conversion to furigana full-width katakana characters. The F10 and F9 conversion did not work. I tried 2 online converters which did not work. I finally found a converter online which worked.

The most frustrating part was that it will not accept foreign credit cards (not the Canada credit cards I have, nor the Philippine ones --not mastercard or visa) using the Official Website of USJ (I was using my laptop and my Iphone). I reached out to a friend who owns a travel agency and she said her clients experience the same so they just paid through a convenience store in Japan (7-11) or on-site at the park.
I have a friend who lives in Japan and she told me to try Klook --unfortunately, Klook did not have the Universal Fast Passes I wanted in their packages.

What FINALLY worked in the advice of this thread (thank you for this thread BTW!), is to download the USJ app --Initially it was returning an invalid code error when I used a visa card. I had to log out of the app and log in, changing the captcha code several times. The purchase for studio day pass and the universal fast passes with the entry time to Nintendo World and Harry Potter finally went through using a mastercard. Apple Pay Visa no longer works. My advice: Use the USJ Mobile App; refresh the captcha and just change it if it returns an invalid code. Log on Log off. Repeat process --and use a mastercard when using Apple Pay or Credit Card payment option (I did credit card option --I used a foreign credit card).
by Bernadette (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/11/16 14:10
You could always just buy tickets when you get to USJ. You don't need to buy them online necessarily. It's quite easy to just pick them up there as you would still need to pick up the tickets in person when you arrive to USJ, even if you bought them online. They don't send you digital tickets in the mail, you'd just have to pick it up.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/11/16 16:09
You can get digital tickets (QR code) if you buy them online.
Even from inside of Japan with Japanese credit cards, I failed to use their web store and had to go to a convenience store to make the payment instead. The system is extremely user-unfriendly. Security taken to a point where it hurts the economy.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/12/23 20:54
I just wanted to say I got mine to work after retrying 6 times, using a new 2023 Android phone with VPN to Japan, and I tried by alternating between two Canadian MasterCards! So happy that I could pick the time I liked for the Express Paas. Thank you to the person who said to just keep trying again and again! Thought my eyes were tricking me when it actually went through lol
by sherri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/12/27 04:53
When paying throught the USJ website, double check the vality date. The correct format is YY/MM and not MM/YY as usual.
by Aline Martins (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/12/28 13:20
For those wondering why their CC doesn't seem to work sometimes is because if your card is issued overseas, Japan doesn't really have any power to fight back if someone tried to dispute the ticket they bought since it would be another country. This is why it makes it so hard to use the CC from your country.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/12 04:12
We tried allll the things, short of apply pay (we don't use apple). We tried Visa Cards, Master Cards, tried adding country codes to our phone numbers, the card expiry dates MMYY vs YYMM, different web browsers, through the app etc... Neither I nor my Husband had any luck. So we just purchased through Klook. We were able to choose our timed entry for the express passes during check out, you just have to be sure to open the scheduler option.
Very challenging experience. Now onto fighting with the USJ app, the reviews don't get any better.
by Paula (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/20 00:31
Hello!
I've read most of your comments and I'm even more confused about the ticket thing...
What's the difference between buying on the official website and Klook? Do they offer different options? I guess everybody wants to book on the official one because they let you choose the time and Klook doesn't, is that right? Are the price the same?
Can you choose what time to get into the Nintendo and Harry Potter area, and also the timed rides, when buying the Express Pass on any website? I'm afraid they give me two close times in different rides and I can't spend the time I want in a specific area. After the rip off of the tickets, that would be VERY frustrating!

I only have European Mastercards and no Apple device at all. Do I have any chance if I try on the official website?

So many questions... sorry. I hope you can solve some of them.
Thanks in advance!
by Soyso rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/20 09:13
Now Apple Pay is unavailable. Tried yesterday and today and message says gApple Pay is currently unavailable to use due to system maintenance issueh.
by maehara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/21 13:20
Hi! I'm trying to buy tickets through the app on my Iphone, with the VPN set in Japan, but I can't find the option to pay with Apple pay. Where should this be??? I'm panicking!
by Eva (guest) rate this post as useful

No reason to buy through USJ 2024/2/23 10:51
Theres no reason to buy from Universal website anymore. Klook partner accepts all credit cards, apple pay and it also ALLOW YOU TO SELECT ENTRY TIME for Express tickets during checkout/payment.

Ifve bought from there and received email in few minutes.

Hope this helps. In case you have doubts google difference between buying from USJ and Klook. In 2024 they enabled the selection of schedules/times, so therefs no google reason to rely on that crappy website that does not allow foreign credit cards and is facing issues with Apple Pay.
by maehara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/27 23:06
After multiple tries and fails (apple pay still in maintenance, tried visa, mastercard and with vpn), I've read that with the app Klook you can book the same as the official website with express pass and selectionable time for attractions (after checkout) ! That's what I did, although there is less availabilities than with the official website, I was able to order something satisfying. I think it's a little more expensive but who cares, after 4 hours puts in these tries I didn't care anymore and just wanted my tickets !
by julie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/2/28 18:45
Tried many times via the official website and not work. Ended up buying through Klook. You can choose the time slot when checking out.

We have a Wise account to spend in Japan Yen, in Klook I chose NZD as currency and ended up adding an extra fee for the conversion.

So if you are using Wise, don't forget to change Klook to JPY.

Good luck.
by BruceChapolin rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2024/3/26 08:49
I've just booked the studio pass and express pass through Klook, so easy (For May 2024 and booked on 26 March 2024), you can pick the session you want for the express pass through Klook. I tried to book through USJ app and USJ website, complete waste of time.
by Yules (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 59 of 59
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread