Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 74 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/29 18:03
So a post of somebody who took a trip last November but only posts it today will not appear on top.

How about you just post in a more timely fashion? ;)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/29 22:32
Aha, that is of course another option! :)
But not always possible and/or wise.

Thanks admin.
I'm looking forward to read everyone's reports again!
by jioruji rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/5/31 22:14
Nice to see some of the core features slowly returning.

Are there still plans to reinstate the rankings in their order among the other attractions/cities like had previously been at the bottom of the page? I really found that both more interesting and more helpful than just seeing #/#.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/1 11:04
Did you guys notice the new icons showing up around the site?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/1 12:25
Rabbityama, we are considering bringing back a list like that but we are not sure yet if and in what form. The three big issues we are currently working on are: a) make it possible to order and group attraction lists, b) add icons and c) make the site mobile friendly.
by admin rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/2 16:44
Dear Stefan, I think the rankings are very important for this website and they should be openly accessible. You can create a new link to the full ranking at the bottom of the page, for example.
Besides, foreign travelers are best attracted by "Top 10/Top 100" types of lists and rankings. Just see what the competition at TsunaguJapan is doing.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/5 19:34
I really liked the fluidity of the real-time list here. If votes became more favorable, it was nice to see a city or attraction climb. If votes went the other way, they'd fall. Nothing was stuck or stagnant like an established Top 10/100 list.

With that said, I do like Japan-guide's Top 10 Gardens list. I may not agree with some of the choices, but I like seeing what they've chosen.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/5 23:09
I might only be guessing - but I think the main reason J-G changed it's format was for 2 reasons which are kind of interrelated.

(1) To be more mobile friendly

(2) They are linked to the new Narita Airport Japan Travel App - which means that they need to make their website app friendly.

There are a couple of things I would like changed, but I guess we need to remember that it's a small business so they don't have a load of people working on the coding and the like.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/6 10:20
Thank you everybody for the continued feedback.

We are likely to make the full ranking available again at one point in the future, but due to other priorities it is likely to take some more time.

The main reason for the site redesign is, indeed, mobile friendliness, although ironically at the current stage the website is even slightly less mobile-friendly than before. The actually mobile-friendly website is scheduled to be released by the start of the autumn color season at the latest.

The other aim of the site redesign was to make the website appearance less cluttered and to increase the site's focus on travel information. We will continue to work on the improvement of the site layout for several months to come.

Any suggestions for improvements are highly appreciated.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/10 22:13
As I have previously noted the site works fine for me: and was certainly very mobile friendly on Tabimori: loved it.
I was trying to upload a User Report, unsuccessfully, so will now retry....
I still have an issue with the appearance: the grey colour is very cold and unwelcoming.
The information I seem to need is still easy to find, and up-to-date.
Well done with the other enhancements: love the various icons: have had fun spotting them!!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/11 07:55
Thank you for your feedback!

I was trying to upload a User Report, unsuccessfully, so will now retry....

It should be working now again. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

I still have an issue with the appearance: the grey colour is very cold and unwelcoming.

I also share this feeling. You can expect improvements in that area in the second half of the year.

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/6/11 08:03
You can expect improvements in that area in the second half of the year.
Excellent: shall look forward to that!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/7/4 04:47
I also found the former style more reader-friendly. One of the things I miss now is the columns at the very bottom of the page, which had the region name as the heading and the main sites / cities within that region were listed under them, which made it very easy to get to a specific (major) destination with just one click.
by hikooki rate this post as useful

Re: Don't like new J-G.com format 2015/7/6 23:29
I must be in the minority, but I much prefer the gray color to the old white. I like the darker colors when viewing pages, as it makes the column stand out more and, for me, makes it easier to read the columns and ignore the ads/stuff on the side.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 74 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4

reply to this thread