Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/3 14:53
Thank you for your response Tokyo Friend.

It looks like the Carp do not have an English website to order tickets from. I am going to contact my hotel to see if they can get me a ticket in the Performance section. Do you think that game will sell out? It is a national holiday in Japan.

I am hoping the Giants game on March 25th does not sell out in pre-sale. It is opening day. All I need is one ticket. It will be the high light of my trip to attend a game on Opening Day!

by Russell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/3 21:11
I think you can buy the day ticket if it's alright with any seat available on the day(mostly outside field seat).

On March 21 in Hiroshima Mazda Stadium, the day ticket is on sale at 11:00, if you are there(Mazda stadium ticket office) around 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning, I think you can easily buy the day ticket(mostly outside field seat).
In Hiroshima Mazda Stadium pre-season game, in-field "un-reserved seat" is 2,500 Yen, out-field "unreserved seat" is 1,500 Yen.

On March 25 in Tokyo Dome, I will expect 90% of seats will be sold because of opening game. I don't think all seats are sold. This is because the visitor team is Swallows.
If it's alright with "standing" view which is 1,300 Yen ticket, there is no seat for you, you need to stand and watch the game, I'm sure standing tickets are plenty left even on the opening game.
If you buy a standing ticket, you can't stand nor sit and watch from corridor. This is because of fire safety law. Security staffs come and ask you to leave if you are there. I don't know this ticket is good for you or not but at least you can enjoy baseball atmsphere.
The day ticket will be on sale at 10:00, Tokyo Dome Gate 22 ticket office. If you are there by 9:00, I think you can easily buy an out-field "unreserved" seat(1,800 Yen) or reserved seat(2,500 Yen).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/12 02:42
Hello! Jumping in on this thread. It's been super useful so far, thanks everyone for the discussion!

I'm thinking of going to one of the Tokyo Swallows vs. Hanshin Tigers games on 29-31 March. When will the tickets go on sale? If I read the Swallows website correctly, it will be 5 March - is that right?

Also, what's the most secure way for a foreigner like me to get a ticket? And how fast do tickets for such a game usually sell out?

I read that it's usually easy to get a ticket for a Swallows game on game day itself/a few days before, but I tried that method for a previous Swallows vs. Tigers game when I was in Tokyo last September, and it was totally sold out. So I'm really hoping to go to a game this time and experience Japanese baseball!

Thanks in advance.
by jamie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/14 10:03
The public sale in March and April games are available from March 5, 11:00.
I think you can buy the day ticket, if you don't mind any seats left on the day you visit Jungu Stadium., but is not secured a 100% guaranteed.
The games in September are very popular due to end of the baseball season.
If you have a Japanese native speaker friend, ask him/her to buy tickets in advance. The games in March are still cold especially at Jungu Stadium, I'm sure not all seats are sold quickly.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/14 22:50
Thanks very much for your help, tokyo friend!
by jamie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/17 16:24
Are pre-season games worth going to? I will be in Japan in early March. How are preseason games different from pre-season games in America? Thanks.
by gavinmac rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/20 12:34
Hello,

Giants tickets went on-sale tonight here in the US, and I was lucky enough to get a single ticket for the Giants home opener on March 25th. My ticket is in the Reserved C with purchase bonus section, gate 41 for 2,800 yen. I am wondering if this seat is for Giants fans or the visiting Swallows?

Thank you.

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/21 04:40
How did you purchase the ticket in the US? I am on the tokyo dome/Giants site and cannot seem to purchase.
Thank you in advance!
by Shogun26 rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/21 04:51
Nevermind, looks like it has sold out online for all games that weekend.

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/21 06:05
shogun26, keep checking back as I am sure more tickets will be released and if you are in Tokyo a few days before possibly they will sell standing room tickets.

It said sold out last night and I kept checking and one ticket popped up. I am very happy to have gotten it!

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/21 15:41
Thank you! I was able to get a ticket for Sunday's match! Would have been amazing being at the same match, unfortunately I'll be else were in japan friday.
Thank you again for the help!

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/2/23 10:03
Right now there's only Reserved C, during June 3rd.
When will they sell for Reserved FC? I don't wanna lose out on the tickets, from the US website.
by Lilsparky67 rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/2 11:21
Hi there. I am trying to buy 5 tickets to the Tigers home opener on March 25. I tried to do it on the website and vai japanball but the game is sold out.

Anyone have any ideas? Contact the team directly?
by ensco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/5 06:55
I'm taking my husband to Japan in October, so we're missing regular season sadly. I am trying to figure out the dates for the 2016 Nippon Series. Also, I'm trying to identify what is the Nippon Series? What do tickets usually cost for a game/when would they go on sale?
by best-wife-ever (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/5 12:28
The Nippon Series is what the post season is in Japan, the championship series leading up to the final series to determine the winners. The problem is, no one knows who is going to be in the Nippon Series as they haven't played the regular season yet.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/6 10:42
Two questions. Not sure where to put them so here they are.

Went to my first game yesterday. Preseason. Hiroshima.

They appeared to be using a designated hitter with a ten man batting lineup- both the DH and pitcher would bat. Is that right? Is that only for preseason.

When the Phillie Fanatic looking mascot was on the field, there were two other rather scary looking figures in all black with black hoods following the mascot around. What was up with that? I thought they might behead him or something.
by Gavinmac (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/6 11:21
In Japan it is customary for "attendants" to wear all black so they appear as "not to be part of the entertainment". They aren't supposed be seen by the audience and they dress in black to blend in with the background. It works a bit better on television with a dark studio. I'm sure they stick out like a sore thumb on the ball field. But they're not supposed to be "seen".
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/6 14:14
FYI. I was wrong about the ten man batting lineup. They just list the pitcher tenth on the scoreboard but he doesn't bat.
by Gavinmac (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/6 23:50
Thanks John B digs Japan! For the Nippon series it must be incredibly hard to get tickets. How would one go about that?

Also are there scalpers in Japan that I could buy from if I miss getting regular tickets?
by Best-wife-ever (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2016 Baseball season schedule 2016/3/7 13:11
Gavinmac, I am planning on attending a preseason game in Hiroshima on the 21st. Was it easy to get tickets? How many people attended? How was the atmosphere?

I hope you are enjoying Japan!!

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread