Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/1 08:46
Hello!

I received a conditional offer so I have to do the interview too. This is kind of a lame question, but how formal did you dress for the interview?
by apple2011 rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/1 09:13
I wore a suit and so did everyone else who was there. Just a plain black suit with a white top. Good luck with your interview and essay test!
by bb020708 rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/1 09:37
Thank you!
by apple2011 rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/1 13:35
bb020708: ahh I see! The Tanashi dorms look really good! According to the floor plan map on their website, every room (whether single or double) comes with its own bathtub which is like too good to be true. (Or at least I see it that way because most schools here in CA share shower stalls haha). The Ichijima Kinen Sendagi one looks good too. It looks like any old apartment from the outside though haha. I wonder how far each are from the campus? It doesn't say on the website.

And apple2011, good luck!
by kei103 rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/2 09:16
It actually does say on the website! http://www.waseda.jp/rlc/eng/2012/book1125/pageview.html#page_num=0 (You have to "flip" through the pages though)
Tanashi Dorm is quite far, it'll probably take 30+minutes to get from your room to the SILS' building. My mom wants to put me in a closest dorm they have but if I do that, I'd much rather just live in an apartment but she has 0 confidence in me living alone;;

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/3 14:08
Ahh! But then again, 30 min is like regular commuting time for Japanese people so idk if it's considered ''far'' for them.. Apartment sounds nice too, but it's pricy (80,000+ yen?) and I'm not confident about being able to handle all the bills and whatnot. It'll be nice to share an apartment with people though! Even just one person, and it'll be 40,000 yen+. I don't really want to look into details until I figure out which university to go to though ;S

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/4 08:02
Ahahah very understandable. Well, once you know which college you're going to, come back to me so if you do end up choosing Waseda, we can talk about everything in details!

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/8 10:35
Hiya,

I've applied to the Waseda Intensive Japanese Program for one year, but I still haven't heard back from Waseda University. It's an exchange program, so I know things will be different, but I'm starting to grow concerned that I haven't heard back yet.

Do you have any idea when I'll know whether or not I have been accepted? I know this is sort of off-topic, but I figured this was a better place to put it, rather than create my own thread.
by RaikouNeko rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/11 08:41
@RaikouNeko: It's a different program so I'm really not sure. You can contact the office though!
by bb020708 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/14 03:15
I contacted the office, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting sort of nervous because I need to prepare forms and my ticket and such, but I don't have the information necessary because Waseda still hasn't sent me information...
by RaikouNeko rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/16 09:52
You're studying abroad for the fall semester of 2012 right? You still have plenty of time to prepare for tickets, find a place to live, etc. Classes doesn't start until October and the entrance ceremony itself isn't until late September. Orientations and such aren't until early-mid September so you don't even have to be in the country until September! You still have plenty of time so I wouldn't worry! If anything, you can call the office and ask them directly. But I would just wait a few more days and see if anything comes from them.

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/17 11:41
What were some of your responses to the question: Why did you pick Waseda?
by apple2011 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/21 08:36
Hi and long time no talk!! I visited Japan for a week for college campus visits and upon my return, I have picked Waseda as my choice :) So we can now talk about the enrollment process finally! I hope everyone is still active here!

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/21 11:45
Congratulations!! Welcome to the Waseda family ahahah How did you like the school? Did you look at any dorms?
Also, let's be friends on facebook! I'll DM you my name!

Apple2011: The answer to that question can really be basic as "Waseda's student body and course curriculum is like no other and it has what I want to study, etc" or it can be personal, if you have roots to Japan or something else. If that's for the interview, they didn't ask me that question. They asked a lot of questions about my essay topic so be ready to answer any of those kinds of questions!

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/24 12:54
Hi, Just chanced upon this thread. I'm also entering this September so hope to see you all there :)

by milo1152 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/24 13:44
apple2011: Some questions they asked included "Tell me about yourself" and whether I'm considering the exchange program.

Good luck!

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/25 06:54
I posted a new topic about this, but in case you don't see... for those in the SILS program already can you tell me the average age of students in the program? I'm wondering how many students are older (like 22+, that's the MEXT cut-off age for undergrad)

Thanks!
by jen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/25 12:19
milo1152: wow cool! are you japanese?

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/5/26 10:47
milo1152, do you remember some of the essay questions? Thanks.
by apple2011 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/6/1 11:12
bb020708: nope I'm not. Btw, how's your search for dorms/apartments going? I'm having trouble deciding :(

apple2011: I can only remember the one I did. It was something like do you think that all companies should enforce lifelong employment. I'll post the other question here if I can find the scrap paper...

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread