Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 84 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/6/15 10:15
Hi! I'm planning to apply for 2013 fall entry for SILS and Sophia, but I have low SAT and TOEFL score:( My first choice will be definitely Waseda by the way.
My highest TOEFL is 101, which I will be retaking on this coming Sunday (I'm hoping to get at least 108). My highest SAT score is 1720,,and I will retake it in October. So, I don't know if this it the right place to ask but I was wondering if students who are already accepted could share their test scores because I'm super worried about it. Also, waseda website says that online application starts in January, but I want to know what this "English Essay" in the documentation has to be about. Does it has to be an educated essay on hard topics? Or like explaining myself?
by Lisa2515 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/6/18 04:41
Wow I didn't know this thread was still active haha. Hi Lisa. Since you seem to have posted as a guest, I can't message you and I don't want to publicize my test scores on here, but I think if your SAT score is balanced within each section of the test, you'll be fine with that number. Meaning, if you have roughly around 600 for each section of math, reading, and what was the other one? Well, then you'll be alright. As for the other one, I've never taken the TOEFL and in the application, I simply submitted a paper saying I've never taken one. I think that is just to check how fluent you are in English so if you've lived in the states or speak English your whole life, then I'm sure that's enough. Your English level will show through your essay and application, don't worry. Again, I didn't even submit any scores and I was fine haha.

As for the essay, I think the topic changes every year, but usually it's something educational, not about yourself (that's in the application part). This year, it was to write about a current news story.

I hope I helped a bit! :) Are you applying for the first batch? Is that why it starts in Jan? I applied for second batch and it started late Feb of this year. (Acceptance was late April).
by kei103 rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/6/23 10:16
I got accepted!!
Thanks for all the advice.
by apple2011 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Specific Waseda SILS Application Questions 2012/6/24 01:27
Thank you kei103! Your answer helped me a lot:) Yes, I'm applying for the first batch. My SAT math score is 610 (I had 640 on the first SAT but I got lower score on the second one:(), reading is 520, and writing is 590. I really think that I should definitely work hard and bring my scores up,,but thank you so much for answering my questions!
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 84 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5

reply to this thread