Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 9 of 17: Posts 161 - 180 of 334
prev
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
next

Re: COE 2015/9/5 21:58
tomorrow 3 months for me XD
still waiting , after 3 months should send the documents again?
by hicham077 rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/6 09:48
5 months on us..

still under evaluation from immigration..

by a4tech (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/6 17:36
I finally heard back and they requested more papers after 3 months. I need to send in documents proving that I was employed in IT for the last 10 years. I'm not sure that I have end dates for all the jobs though so I hope start dates will suffice.

Hopefully it wont take them too long to process the new paperwork.
by Thirst (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/6 19:20
Hey all! Thanks for the welcome, soontobetokyogirl :)

Still no news for me, and I'm getting worried since my passport expires in the end of October. If I haven't gotten the COE and gone to Japan before that, it means that the COE is nullified too, right? Or is there a way to have both the old and new passport + COE with me, and still be able to enter Japan? Should've renewed my passport before sending the documents but I never thought it would take this long, over 5 months for me. Should've prepared for everything, though I did try to translate my graduate diploma to Japanese to help immigration. But since I haven't heard any details about the process from the company I don't know if they have had to submit extra documents, and if they had it might explain why it's taking so long.

I have no idea if the immigration has set dates like Wednesday and Thursday for informing about the results.

Good luck to all of us still waiting for good news!
by shinpai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/7 03:43
shinpai,

We both are traveling in a same boat but the difference is that that your coe is work coe and mine one is spouse coe---well it make me worried to whats going on because it took long time but we submitt addational documents 3 times ----because 2 times i send documents to my wife from my country almost took 2 weeks--then lawyer is out of japan for almost 2 weeks and they submitt my addational documents late so almost one and half month delay in my case thats why it take long---but still the hope is there---don,t be worried i think thats not a big problem if your passport will expire---hopefully if your Coe is released take your old passport with your self so you have a proof that it expire and you have a new passport----if you ever apply for a tourist visa for Japan you should submitt your previous old passports ----i think the matter is same like that so don,t worry------just pray that we all will get our coe and go there as soon as possible----
keep updating
by Malik sahib (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/8 01:11
Hi,,
Still waiting it's about 4 months now. No new documents asked.
Person in Japan who is following my lawyer said that lawyer can't do more than submitting the application it's delayed because of new immigration law is implemented and they are busy..

Shinpai don't worry about passport Coe is not visa you need your valid passport having 6 months minimum validity once you apply for visa. So now when you get your Coe you can apply for your passport first then attach both passports together forever and you apply for visa with Coe. Since its computerized passports nowadays all your previous passport information will be stored into new passport so that they can verify its you the same passport holder.. All your previous visits everything.

Infact your old passport number will be mention into new passport also so don't worry about that. Thing to worry is when will you get your Coe .. Best of luck!!! Pray for all
by Kenyan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/8 16:27
Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet all of you. :)

New here and just started reading all the comments in this forum. I also understand everyone feelings as I'm in the same boat. I'm married to a Japanese he submitted all our documents for spouse visa last 26 August, its only 2 weeks this week but my worries are already there.

Hope everyone update here on their COE for us to know more.
by mainavidesu rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/8 17:46
Still waiting!!! 😂😂😂
by soontobetokyogirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/8 22:40
Praying and waiting 😭😭
by RR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/9 00:46
still..........

waiting is killing me XD

Re: COE 2015/9/9 16:58
hi..

asking someone who might know .. if waiting for coe for almost 5 months for working visa is normal in japan immigration?

thank you..

God Bless..
by a4tech (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/9 22:01
I have applied for a CoE, but unfortunately now I have to move and cannot access the post to my old place.

Is it possible to change the address to where the documents are sent? I am concerned that I will need to go through the entire process again.
by MrCheese rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/10 03:47
the lawyer said it is weird and the first time deal with this delay, usually 1.5 month to get the COE, my colleague in the same company took him a month to get the COE and me 3 months and 3 days XD

Re: COE 2015/9/10 11:24
@Mr. Cheese:

All you need to do is to update the immigration on your new address or if your applying for Work Visa COE then just inform your employer on the new address so they can update the immigration. If your applying for spouse visa COE then ur representative in japan should do the update for you.

by mainavidesu rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/10 13:32
So you already got yours? Hicham077
by soontobetokyogirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/10 17:19
no, no still waiting XD
by hicham077 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/10 18:29
Hey again everyone!

Thanks Malik sahib and Kenyan for your reassuring words and advice! Indeed the COE isn't the visa, so I'm hoping the old+new passport combo will be ok. And since everything is digitalized and computerized nowadays that helps too.

I finally got word from the company person handling my application, they assured me that all necessary documents were included, prepaired well and handed to the immigration. They had contacted immigration about a week ago and were still waiting for their answer. But I guess this confirms there's still hope! For me and for everyone :)

Like many before me, I wonder if the immigration is especially flooded with applications now... Or the new regulations and/or combining previous visa categories have created huge backlog. And since many of us have small companies sponsoring us, immigration is doing a more thorough backup check, so everything combined just leaves us victims of circumstances really.
by shinpai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/10 23:36
Just wanna ask how you guys deal with this? Do you ask your employers to follow up or you find ways to follow up on your own?
by soontobetokyogirl rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/11 00:09
asking the lawyer time to time to check the status, and the employer also
by hicham077 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE 2015/9/11 08:25
Shinpai you are welcome and you have summarized well about the backlog it's seems true that new law together with other reasons making it slow..

But very very slow... Seriously

Soontobetokyogirl my source of checking is a friend who lives in Japan knows a lot and he's the one who invited me twice than prepared my all documents with lawyer. So I have a lawyer and friend to follow up.

Anyone who wants to know the result of their application (lawyer/friend/himself etc) needs to visit or call immigration information center where they filled the case..

I sent email to Tokyo immigration they said you contact where you filled your application than I called to Nagoya immigration but I was unable to get anyone who speaks English.

The answer you will get is "not yet ready" or "yes/no" that's it.
Exactly what is happening in our cases we can never know.. If they need anything they will contact to us otherwise just wait and wait..

So maybe each of us can call by ourself to the immigration offices where we submitted our case. If we have our application receipt number.. Find ph numbers online.
by Kenyan (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 9 of 17: Posts 161 - 180 of 334
prev
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
next

reply to this thread