Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question on flying by Peach Airlines 2012/10/1 12:25
I am planning to fly from Fukuoka to Kansai Intl. (or Itami) during Spring of next year. One of the choices we have is to use Peach Airlines. The tickets are really cheap, and comes to around 8000 Yen for the both of use one way. It is much cheaper than the Shinkansen from Hakata or using ANA/JAL. My wife said that she heard/read that Peach is not really a good airlines. I would like to know the experience of fliers who have used Peach. If it is like other low cost US carriers like Southwest, Jetblue etc, then I see no problem. Just want to know a little more.

Thank you for your help.
by AMaji (guest)  

Re: Question on flying by Peach Airlines 2012/10/1 13:53
They are so cheap because they cut down services to the bare minimum. And any non-essential service costs separately. For example, check-in baggage. If you travel with a lot of luggage, it may not be the ideal airline.

Also, in order to use their airplanes to their fullest, their schedules are very packed. I believe that Peach airplanes are usually only spending about 30 minutes at each airport between arrival and departure, compared to typically 45 minutes in case of JAL and ANA.

This means, that there is less buffer time in case of delays. Once there is a delay, the airplane won't be able to catch up, and the entire day's schedule can get disrupted. In the worst case, entire flights can get cancelled. In other words: the airlines are somewhat less reliable than the more expensive airlines.

As for safety, there is no concern, especially in international comparison.

Most of the time, you will have a good experience flying Peach. I had when I used them between Osaka and Kagoshima earlier this year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Question on flying by Peach Airlines 2012/10/2 10:25
Thank you Uji-san.
by AMaji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread