Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

72hr Pre Entry PCR Covid test 2022/10/6 20:00
Hi there,

I am having extreme difficulties in obtaining clear and definitive information regarding what is deemed satisfactory in terms of evidence of my negative PCR test 72hrs prior to entering Japan.

I will be arriving in just over a week's time and have organised everything, with the exception of fully being confident about what is deemed acceptable as proof of PCR result.

Japan-guide's latest youtube video states pretty much what I already knew and I have searched many forums, government websites etc to no avail.

The Quarantine Station pdf form which was available to download in the fore mentioned video description, is something I already have - I intend to use it even though it is not necessary, as you are able to use anything that includes all mandatory information.

My problem is not knowing where to get this filled out? what is acceptable? The last thing I want is to arrive and have immigration put me back on the 1st flight home :)

Previously, I have had many many PCRs done, we don't go to a clinic, whereby you go back and have a doctor give your results and fill out a form. Instead, we go through a drive-by and have the results texted to us. Even if I was able to find a clinic, I am unsure as to whether I will be able to rush around last minute to get someone to sign it. My plane leaves early Monday morning i.e before businesses open (get results), over the weekend, many places are closed. I need to get it done within 72hrs. It is near impossible. The only way I can get it within the 72hrs is by the way I have always done it - but the results are via text msg. I'm certain that would not be suffice.

If anyone has intricate, explicit knowledge, I would very much appreciate your input. If you are unsure, I respectfully would ask not to reply. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Ronnie
by AussieRonnie  

Re: 72hr Pre Entry PCR Covid test 2022/10/6 21:48
These are the official explanations with all the ugly details:
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_test.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 72hr Pre Entry PCR Covid test 2022/10/6 22:18
You're right in a text will not suffice.

You need a test centre that issues fit to fly certificates, via PDF through email is also fine .

I'm not sure if that's what they call them in your country but I've also heard "covid for travel"

When I flew back to japan I supplied a pdf which came directly from the test company
I did not have to get a physical pen to paper signature, the labs doctors signature was on the covering letter of the PDF document.

I got mine done at the airport and got my results very quickly.
Maybe the airport you are flying from has a test center you could book in at? Look for tests specifically for travel.
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 72hr Pre Entry PCR Covid test 2022/10/7 11:03
thank you both for your advice - greatly appreciated. :)
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

Re: 72hr Pre Entry PCR Covid test 2022/10/7 12:54
If you are travelling from the Blue zone post 11 Oct 22, eg with Aus passport, pl read below.

https://www.au.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/amendedentry.html
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread