The JR Okayama Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass is a rail pass for exclusive use by foreign tourists, providing five consecutive days of unlimited travel on designated JR train and bus lines (including unreserved seats on shinkansen and limited express trains) in Okayama, Hiroshima and Yamaguchi Prefectures and the shinkansen to/from Fukuoka.
|If purchased outside Japan||If purchased via JR West online reservation||If puchased inside Japan|
|5 days||13,700 yen||14,500 yen||14,700 yen|
- Unlimited use of non-reserved seats on local, rapid and limited express JR trains in the coverage area shown on the map above.
- Unlimited use of non-reserved seats on the Sanyo Shinkansen (including Nozomi and Mizuho) between Fukuoka's Hakata Station and Okayama.
- Reserved seats are not covered by the pass. If pass holders wish to use a reserved seat, nevertheless, the pass will cover only the base fare, while the limited express fee will have to be paid separately.
- Unlimited use of JR ferry to Miyajima.
- Unlimited use of local JR buses around Hiroshima and Yamaguchi, including buses between Yamaguchi, Hagi and Akiyoshidai.
- Free use of rental bicycles at designated Ekirin Kun outlets within the covered area.
- The pass is valid on five consecutive calendar days (midnight to midnight).
- Only foreign visitors to Japan (with temporary visitor status) can use the pass. It cannot be used by residents of Japan.
- The pass can only be used by a single person. It cannot be transferred between multiple persons. The pass holder has to carry his/her passport at all times.
Points of Sale
The JR Okayama Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass can be purchased online on the JR West website, at selected travel agents outside of Japan and at major railway stations in the area covered. If purchased outside of Japan or via the internet, a voucher will be initially issued that has to be exchanged to the actual pass after arrival in Japan at a major station in the area covered. If purchasing the pass inside of Japan, the cost is slightly higher, and there is a limit of one purchase per person and stay. There is no such limit otherwise.
The JR Okayama Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass can be a good value for travelers who visit Okayama, Hiroshima and/or Yamaguchi Prefectures by the Sanyo Shinkansen. It is, for example, considerably cheaper than regular tickets for a shinkansen round trip between Okayama and Fukuoka.