The JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass is a rail pass for exclusive use by foreign tourists, providing five consecutive days of unlimited travel on designated train and bus lines (including unreserved seats on shinkansen and limited express trains) in the Kansai Region and along the Sanyo Coast as far as Hiroshima.
|Reduced rates apply to children aged 6-11 (50% off); a green car version is not available.|
- Unlimited use of local and rapid JR trains along the lines shown on the map above.
- Unlimited use of non-reserved seats on the Sanyo Shinkansen (including Nozomi and Mizuho) between Shin-Osaka and Hiroshima. However, the Tokaido Shinkansen between Kyoto and Osaka is not covered.
- Reserved seats are not covered by the pass. If pass holders wish to use a reserved seat, nevertheless, the pass will cover only the base fare, while the limited express fee will have to be paid separately.
- Unlimited use of JR ferry to Miyajima.
- Unlimited use of the Kyoto Tango Railway, which provides access to Amanohashidate.
- Unlimited use of the Wakayama Railway.
- Unlimited use of local JR buses around Kyoto and Hiroshima.
- Free use of rental bicycles at designated Ekirin Kun outlets within the covered area.
- The pass is valid on five consecutive calendar days (midnight to midnight).
- Only foreign visitors to Japan (with temporary visitor status) can use the pass. It cannot be used by residents of Japan.
- The pass can only be used by a single person. It cannot be transferred between multiple persons. The pass holder has to carry his/her passport at all times.
Points of Sale
The JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass can be purchased online on the JR West website, at selected travel agents outside of Japan and at major railway stations in the area covered. If purchased outside of Japan or via the internet, a voucher will be initially issued that has to be exchanged to the actual pass after arrival in Japan at a major station in the area covered. If purchasing the pass inside of Japan, the cost is slightly higher, and there is a limit of one purchase per person and stay. There is no such limit otherwise.
The JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass can be a very good value for travelers visiting the Kansai Region and Sanyo Coast as far as Hiroshima, such as visiting Hiroshima in a side trip from Osaka. Those not traveling as far as Hiroshima should consider the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass, instead.