Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cable for wired internet in hotels 2013/3/11 02:39
We are visiting Japan next week and all the hotels we are staying in advertise free wired internetin the rooms. In Europe if this is the case it is normal for the Hotel to provide the small cable between the laptop and the socket on the wall. Is this also the case in Japan, or should be purchase a cable to bring with us ? Many thanks......
by Paul Evans (guest)  

Re: Cable for wired internet in hotels 2013/3/11 09:28
in most of the hotels i've stayed in there's usually been about 50cm of cat5 ethernet cable coming out of the wall and not an actual socket.

Toyoko inn's are like this and a few other hotels i've used have been the same.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cable for wired internet in hotels 2013/3/11 10:27
Most hotels, if they provide internet access, provide the cables in the rooms, usually placed in the drawers.

At some hotels, you might have to borrow them from the front counter.

by naes rate this post as useful

Re: Cable for wired internet in hotels 2013/3/11 10:44
As others have mentioned, the majority of hotels provide the cable. However, I would still bring your own just in case. A 1m/3ft cable would be sufficient.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Cable for wired internet in hotels 2013/3/11 19:16
Most Toyoko Inn nowadays have wireless/wifi connection available from each room since last year 2012..
by tanshin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread