Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy Magic the Gathering cards 2013/4/27 12:23
What are the big online stores for buying Magic the Gathering cards in Japan? I am looking to buy single cards (and yes I know that they'll be in Japanese).

Also I noticed that Yu-gi-oh is pretty popular here. Does anyone know if it's more or less popular than Magic the Gathering?
by MTG (guest)  

Re: Where to buy Magic the Gathering cards 2013/4/29 00:39
You can always give Amazon Japan a shot.

Based on my personal experience of never having seen Magic cards here, while Yu-Gi-Oh cards seem to be sold everywhere, I'd say Yu-Gi-Oh is definitely more popular. But it seems to have pretty stiff competition from a slew of other card games that have never made it to the West.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy Magic the Gathering cards 2013/4/30 16:20
What are the big online stores for buying Magic the Gathering cards in Japan? I am looking to buy single cards (and yes I know that they'll be in Japanese).

Both rakuten and yahoo auctions seem to have a good selection of sellers dealing in single MTG cards. If you look carefully, you can probably find some specialized dealers through there.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/
http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

Also I noticed that Yu-gi-oh is pretty popular here. Does anyone know if it's more or less popular than Magic the Gathering?

From a casual observer's perspective (who used to play MTG back in the day), Magic: The Gathering looks to have a reasonably vibrant community in Japan with regular national tournaments. Still, Yu-gi-oh pretty much blows MTG out of the water in terms of popularity (its easy to see that represented in the difference in the number of listings on rakuten and yahoo auctions for example).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

At Hareruya 2013/6/8 21:00
There's a place in Takadanobaba that sells singles and also sells them online too. It's about 5 - 10mins walk from the station.

Check hareruyamtg.com

They've got a button to see the catalog in English too. Hope it helps.
by Aronikun (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread