Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 14:46
I need an EXACT translation of this company name: 有限会社竹六

so far I have "bamboo six co., ltd." as in a limited company named "bamboo six." it needs to be exact because of a transfer of money i am making through my bank
by J D (guest)  

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 15:05

Is this the company?

http://www.takeroku.co.jp/english/index.html

Their english name would be Takeroku Co., Ltd.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 15:27
No, it isn't. I just need the translation.
by J D (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 15:29
All I really need to know is whether it is "bamboo six" or "six bamboo" or "six bamboos" (or something else).

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:11
Whoops, my mistake. That other company is Takeroku Shoten Co.,Ltd.

But 株式会社竹六 is still most likely Takeroku Co., Ltd. in English. You don't translate company names for bank transfers, but if you insist it would be something like Six Bamboo Company. I hope your bank is able to process that correctly.

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:27
I really don't know which one I should use. The lady at the bank didn't know either, but she insisted that it had to match exactly with the account name, which actually doesn't make sense because of the language barrier and the fact that there is no exact translation.

Do you know what to do in this situation? Apparently they run it through a machine or something so it isn't a human that checks it. Would "Takeroku Co., Ltd." probably pass at a Japanese bank, or the other one?

I mean the money is already at the bank, I just need to send a revision which will take another week so if it gets declined I'll have to do it again. I would use the name in Japanese but there's no way for the lady to get it in the computer with an English keyboard.

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:37
Hmm, that is difficult because the company could have their name listed in several different ways in roman characters for example Takeroku Co., Ltd. or Takeroku Kabushikigaisha. Do you have a contact at the company that can help you with that information? Also, what is this company? I'm not seeing a web presence that could lend any clues.

Maybe another poster has some more experience in this area?

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:44
The person that I talked to (at the business) doesn't know English, so he has to use a translator so everything I say and everything he says is butchered. So when he told me the account name it was butchered like "The limited company bamboo six" and then I asked him for the actual Japanese name so that I could get a consensus on the real translation. But I'm not sure he understood that the exact name is needed that would match the account name in English.

So can you translate that concept to Japanese and I can copy and paste it to him (email)? Something like this:

"My bank needs the EXACT name of the account. I'm confused because how can something in English match something in Japanese? Did the bank tell you that the English translation you gave me will work?"

You don't have to use the same words, just get the message across. Sorry if that's asking a lot.

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:47
The company is actually a store named Potential (http://potential.shop-pro.jp/). But "Potential" isn't the account name because that was what I put down originally and it got declined and now we have to revise it. So they said it is 有限会社竹六. If you google that you will get http://potentialblog.seesaa.net/archives/201112-1.html

At the end of the very first post at the top it says "有限会社 竹六 potential" if you can tell. So I know the name in Japanese is probably correct

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:50
In other words it would be easier if he figured it out by contacting his bank before I have the name revised. Do you get what I'm saying? I really don't know why this process is so difficult. I wish they just accepted paypal

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:53
Japanese bank account names are always written as a katakana reading.

I don't believe you need the translation of the account name, but the romaji version of that account name.

In case of 有限会社竹六 the katakana could be something like ユ)タケロク which in romaji is yu)takeroku However, you would need to get the info from the company to be sure.

by kcrackerg rate this post as useful

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 16:54
kcrackerg, can you explain exactly that but in Japanese so I can send it to the guy?

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 17:00
You need to ask for the "ofurikomisaki" "お振込先".

お振込先を教えてください。
ofurikomisaki wo oshiete kudasai.

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 17:05
that doesnt seem to convey it has to be in romaji or whatever. does it?

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/21 17:52

here is his response. Can you translate the japanese for the last time?

It is OK by "TAKEROKU"
”有)竹六”です。
ATMの画面表記だと、”ユ)タケロク”のはずです。

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/22 07:21
It is OK by ''TAKEROKU''
”有)竹六”です。

ユ)タケロク : This is the account name. In romaji it reads ''yu)takeroku''.

When using an ATM (in Japan) you would input ”ユ)タケロク”.

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/23 23:40
JD,

Are you sending money from Japan or a Japanese bank? If so, tell the banker to type ユ)タケロク in katakana.

If you're dealing with a bank that has no Japanese-speaking employees, tell the lady at the bank to type "TAKEROKU" (without the "" of course) in alphabet. That should get your money transfered.

I know what both the lady at the bank and the company is trying to say.

The lady is saying that it should be exactly the same as the name that it is registered by, and the company is saying that it is registered as TAKEROKU, if it must be in English alphabet and not Japanese letters.

The bank shouldn't type TAKKEROKU nor TEKEREKU moreover not BAMBOO whatever. That is what the lady is trying to say.

Hope this helps.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Quick Jp-Eng translation of company name 2013/6/24 05:24
Right. Thanks. I already went to the bank and submitted it as "Takeroku Co., Ltd." Hopefully that works

reply to this thread