Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takachiho - taxi 2013/8/10 23:32
Hi, Based on my research, to travel from Kurokawa to Takachiho, it seems my travelling path has to be:
1) Take Bus from Kurokawa at 11:35 am
2) Reached Aso Station at 12:23pm
3) Take Train from Aso Station at 14:43pm
4) Reached Takamori at 4:02pm
5) Take bus from Takamori at 5:10pm
6) Reached Takachiho at 6:29pm!!!!!!!
Renting a car is not a option for me.
I am considering to take taxi from Takamori to Takachiho which I understand is approxi 12,000 yen. My question is 1) As the journey is quite long, will there be any taxi driver willing to drive from Takamori to Takachiho? 2) Is there any other travelling path which I have missed out?
by mame (guest)  

Re: Takachiho - taxi 2013/8/11 10:52
As the journey is quite long, will there be any taxi driver willing to drive from Takamori to Takachiho?

I think they will be glad to do so. But I am not sure how readily available taxis are in Takamori in general. It is a rather small town. I would also inquire at the larger Aso Station how much a taxi drive to Takachiho would cost. Sometimes there are fixed discounted fares for longer distances.

Is there any other travelling path which I have missed out?

I don't think so.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Takachiho - taxi 2013/8/11 15:41
Thanks Uji. I just realised it only takes one hour 30mins to travel from Kurokawa to Takachiho by car. I presume a taxi takes the same number of hour to travel. Would it be better that I take a taxi from straight from Kurokawa. Do you know how much would that cost?
by mama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takachiho - taxi 2013/8/11 18:42
taxisite.com estimates 15,000 yen from Kurokawa. 12,000 yen from Aso Station. 8500 yen from Takamori Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread