Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Citibank in Japan - US Foreigner 2013/8/15 04:22
I'll be traveling to Japan on September 1st to September 17th.

I have a citibank debit card. I've asked my bank if I can go up to an atm and just withdraw money (with the 3% fee of course), and they say that I can...

I want to confirm this with someone who has been there recently or lives there currently with a CITIBANK account.

For those of you who have a citibank account, can you walk up to an atm, tap your pin in, and withdraw money easily?

I could in other countries, I just wanna make sure I can in Japan.

Thanks a lot for your help!
by NiveusT  

Re: Citibank in Japan - US Foreigner 2013/8/15 10:43
I have a CItibank debit card as well plus a friend who works at Citibank. As long as you use the ATMs, he says it's okay. If you ask for a statement, it'll be in Yen, but you should have no problems, provided you warn them ahead of time you will be using your card overseas. You cannot use a teller at a Citibank branch in Japan, because your card is not affiliated with Citibank Japan, therefore your account will not be visible to them.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread