Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/24 19:12
Hello,

I am a new ALT and have to introduce myself to a school of ~900 on Monday, but am unsure of how to say a certain part of my self intro.

Near the end, I want to say something like "From here, let's learn English together!"

Although this would be okay to say in America, I am not sure if the literal translation would imply that I myself do not know English yet, haha.

What should I say here?

Also, please correct any problems with my self intro (please excuse the romaji-- haven't installed Japanese on my new computer yet):

"hajimemashite. (last name) (first name) to moushimasu. America no (city) kara kimashita. shumi wa gorofu desu. Watashi no Nihongo wa mada mada desu kara, benkyou suru tsumori desu. Nihon no bunka ni kyoumi ga arimasu no de nihon ni kuru koto ga dekite hontou ni ureshii desu. kore kara isshoni--let's learn English!--. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

Then I will talk about internationalization in English (as I've been asked to)...

I know that it's lame... Please offer any advice :)
by Rose (guest)  

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 10:12
I think that makes sence. No problem.

From here, let's learn English together! = De wa eigo wo isshoni benkyo shimashou!
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 13:48
Hi! Thank you for the advice.

Stupid question: Do you still think I should say "kore kara" before "de wa," or is that redundant? Which one should I use?

Thank you!
by GoLizzy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 13:51
Ooops, sorry, I was posting under my middle name and accidentally switched back to my normal username-- confusing, I'm sure! I meant to post under GoLizzy from the beginning but accidentally used Rose (I go by my middle name in another forum).

I'm the same person as before.

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 16:57
seems great

if you use KORE KARA and DEWA together,
the order should be DEWA KORE KARA.
i think in this case, DEWA KORE KARA seems better.
so the sentense should be
"Dewa Kore Kara Isshoni Eigo Wo Benkyou Shimashou"
or
"Dewa Kore Kara Eigo Wo Isshoi Isshoni Benkyou Shimashou"
by ss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 17:05
oops
i wrote two Isshoni in second sentense...

"Dewa Kore Kara Isshoni Eigo Wo Benkyou Shimashou" (recommended)
or
"Dewa Kore Kara Eigo Wo Isshoni Benkyou Shimashou"
by ss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Self introduction to 900 people 2013/8/25 18:15
Thank you so much!

reply to this thread