Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/27 15:51
Hi,
I have 2 kids who were born in Tsukuba (they are not Japanese). I need now their Japanese birth certificates. However, I am no longer living in japan.
Can anyone let me know how I can obtain them.
by Ben (guest)  

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/27 19:59
Where were their births reported to?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/27 20:57
To tsukuba city office.
by ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 08:04
*QUOTE*
Where neither parent is a Japanese national the
certificate required is called the Shussei Todoke Kisai Jiko Shomeisho oΆ“Ν‹LΪŽ–€Ψ–Ύ‘
, which can be obtained from the city / ward/
town office where you are registered as a resident.
by city/ward (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 14:58
Thanks, I know how it is called.
What I do not know is how to order it from the city office since I am no longer in Tsukuba. I cannot find useful information about the subject.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 16:13
Have you contacted the city directly to ask the procedure?

One way is to hire a local lawyer to do it, but that will cost money.

I'm not sure if it is possible to request a Shussei Todoke Kisai Jiko Shomeisho by mail so a lawyer may be your only option.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 16:42
Yes I contacted the city office, I just received a reply. They said that I cannot obtain a birth certificate for my child born in 2005 because the period for keeping the birth certificates for ibaraki prefecture is 5 years. So, I do not know what I should do now.

For my second child (born 2010), I can apply by mail. I need to send the following docs to Tsuchiura Legal Affairs Bureau:
1. Application form (Basically, the applicant must be the notifier of birth registration.Form is attached to this message.)
2. Fee (\350 per copy. Paid by Japanese postal stamps is preferable. International money order is acceptable.)
3. A return envelope with your name and address written and needed stamps (International postal reply coupon is acceptable.@Just for your reference, it may cost \120-260 by airmail, \1,200 by EMS but please make sure with the post office)
4. A copy of ID (The one with your current address is printed.)
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 18:41
Just curious, if you don't mind

why would you need birth cert from Japan for?

Did you not register your child birth with your country embassy, which they will issue/record your child birth?

by curiousity (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/28 19:18
My kids have dual citizenship. I registered them with one embassy but not with the other one.
by ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/29 01:05
oh..
thanks for the reply.
by curiousity (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to order a birth certificate 2013/8/29 08:38
I think the document for your first child born in 2005 is kept at Mito Legal Affairs Bureaui…ŒΛ’n•ϋ–@–±‹Η–{‹Ηj.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread