Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation help 2013/9/13 16:12
Wondering if someone can translate this for me?

----------------
当方が引き出しの為に必要とする手数料をご負担頂くことは可能です。

負担して頂ける場合、保険料、梱包代は次回以降も含めて全てこちらで負担させていただこうと思います。
----------------

by Tommy (guest)  

Re: Translation help 2013/9/13 17:35
it doesn't make sense
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2013/9/13 20:27
They are actually two seperate sentences.

The first one actually is this:

-------
楽天銀行宛ての振込で、当方が引き出しの為に必要とする手数料(amount)をご負担頂くことは可能ですか?
-------
by Tommy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2013/9/13 22:47
well,,, I understand the way of meaning, but, it sounds more strange Japanese sentence. Native Japanese speakers wouldn't write something like this(especially at work or business).
Can you show me the whole sentence or URL please.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2013/9/13 23:46
Tommy,

Please be specific about whether it is a sentence you are trying to put together, or it is an e-mail you've received from a Japanese. It is still confusing to me (a native Japanese here).

If I give it a try with the first two sentences (my best shot):

- It is possible that you take care of the fee required for us to make the withdrawal.
In the case you take care of it (that fee), insurance and packaging cost will be all borne by us, including your subsequent orders/shipments.

The "first one" is asking:
- It is possible that you take care of the fee (amount) required for us to make the withdrawal, when making remittance to Rakuten Bank account?

You might be mixing up who's supposed to pay what, because of a LOT of honorifics used.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2013/9/14 00:14
Hi AK, tokyo friend48,

Thanks for the help.
It is actually a message sent to me. But I think I roughly got the idea:

I guess the sender is asking if I can pay the extra bank fees applied when the sender withdraw the money?...

by Tommy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Translation help 2013/9/14 17:32
Tommy,

Still something sounds unnecessarily confusing about the sentences... but anyway.

Yes, whoever it is wrote the sentences is asking if you could pay the bank fees for them to withdraw the money from their bank (after they receive the money from you), I guess.

I cannot quite imagine that they need to pay a fee to withdraw money, if it is from Rakuten Bank (that's a regular online bank). It sounds like they could be talking about something like you paying into PayPal, and they withdraw the paid amount FROM PayPal INTO a bank account later, for which a fee is charged (depending on the amount).

They are saying that if you pay that fee, they will waive you all insurance and packaging fees for all future shipments, which is nice, but it makes me suspect that the bank "fee" may be some big amount...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread